Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 813161718192023284368 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

  1. #341

    Default

    Liverpool should keep Didi Hamann. He's a useful guy to have around.

  2. #342
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Liverpool should keep Didi Hamann. He's a useful guy to have around.
    my sentiments too. along with Biscan...

    unless Rafa can really sign someone that'll replace hamann effortlessly.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    i'm not saying Pelle should stay. cara scored more og becos he has played in more games.
    Aiyah i don't want to talk about stats, i know u like stats a lot. In football sometimes stats don't really count. Else Liverpool wouldnt have won the Champs League.

    The only stat i care about is that osh1t is a scum. I simply hate ex scums playing for Liverpool. And I dun think he is good enough to play for us. And at $6m? that would be a joke.
    Most of us see and enjoy the game. but manager, like Big Sam, Mourinho, and Rafa the king also analyse the player stats. Stats in fact.

    In football...stats count all. What make Chelsea win EPL..Because they had the most points. Points are stats. What make us in Istanbul, coz the aggreate of 2leg over Chelsea are 1-0. Scoreline is a stat for the team...individual stats is the "scoreline" for a player.

    Carra played most games...precisely.. Thus Carra scoring own goal did not count. O'Shea scoring own goal would count. ??

    Dun get me wrong.....I am not saying O'Shea is a good player or worth buying.

    For me...every player is a good/bad player...the decisive point is their price tag..

    If u ask me ..is Diouf a good player. Yes..if it is 3m. No since he cost us 11m.

    Is O'Shea a good player..Yes..if it is 2m (sure better than Josemi who cost us slightly more than 2m). But at 6m...I agree with u..it must be joking.

  4. #344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    my sentiments too. along with Biscan...

    unless Rafa can really sign someone that'll replace hamann effortlessly.
    100% agree. Hamann had been the unsung hero..and had been one of the most consistent player for the last 5 years.

    He had won CL, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup, Super Cup, Charity Shield. He should at least stay one more year to complete the medal collection to help LFC to win EPL this year.

  5. #345
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

    He had won CL, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup, Super Cup, Charity Shield. He should at least stay one more year to complete the medal collection to help LFC to win EPL this year.
    haha! that is a good one!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #346
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    In football...stats count all. What make Chelsea win EPL..Because they had the most points. Points are stats. What make us in Istanbul, coz the aggreate of 2leg over Chelsea are 1-0. Scoreline is a stat for the team...individual stats is the "scoreline" for a player.
    Yes stats count but not always. If we go by stats alone, liverpool won't even make it to the CL final. How can they possibly beat the Italian champions and the english champions?They lost the same number of away games as Crystal Palace.

    Forlan cant score when playing for MU. But he's among the top scorers in La Liga. Baros top scorer in Euro championship, but where is he in english league? I'm sure chelsea looked at Ketzman's stats when signing him. What has he done for chelsea?

    okie lah enough of stats for me. One stats i'm interested in..
    18 league titles, 5 times European Cup, 3 times UEFA Cup
    14 times Charity Shield, 7 times League Cup, 6 times FA Cup

  7. #347
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    When is the Super Cup? PLaying against CSKA Moscow?
    A mini double for Rafa

  8. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    If we go by stats alone, liverpool won't even make it to the CL final.

    okie lah enough of stats for me. One stats i'm interested in..
    18 league titles, 5 times European Cup, 3 times UEFA Cup
    14 times Charity Shield, 7 times League Cup, 6 times FA Cup
    Stats count. Liverpool be the CL Final with the stats of scoreline as follows ;

    GAK 0 - 2 LIVERPOOL
    10 August 2004
    Champions League Qualifier

    LIVERPOOL 0-1 GAK
    24 August 2004
    Champions League Qualifier (2)

    LIVERPOOL 2 - 0 MONACO
    15 September 2004
    Champions League Group Phase

    OLYMPIACOS 1 - 0 LIVERPOOL
    28 September 2004
    Champions League Group Phase

    LIVERPOOL 0 - 0 DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA
    19 October 2004
    Champions League Group Phase

    DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA 0 - 1 LIVERPOOL
    03 November 2004
    Champions League Group Phase

    MONACO 1-0 LIVERPOOL
    23 November 2004

    LIVERPOOL 3-1 OLYMPIACOS
    08 December 2004

    LIVERPOOL 3 - 1 BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN
    22 February 2005

    BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN 1 - 3 LIVERPOOL
    09 March 2005

    LIVERPOOL 2 - 1 JUVENTUS
    05 April 2005

    JUVENTUS 0 - 0 LIVERPOOL
    13 April 2005

    CHELSEA 0 - 0 LIVERPOOL
    27 April 2005

    LIVERPOOL 1-0 CHELSEA
    03 May 2005


    And u are absolutely right. 5 times European Champion and 18 league tittles make us the best club in English..not ManU.

    Without this stats..it is hard to define who is the best English team that had won the most.

  9. #349
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    When is the Super Cup? PLaying against CSKA Moscow?
    A mini double for Rafa
    Super Cup will be 26-August against CSKA Moscow.

    I tot next season we also play Inter-Continental Cup as well....??
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 30th May 2005 at 11:03 AM.

  10. #350
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    man u? they dominated the 90s but how many times were they Euro champ?
    Liverpool the late 70s and early 80s.. Euro Champ 4 times.

  11. #351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    man u? they dominated the 90s but how many times were they Euro champ?
    Precisely. They won the English League tittle less than Liverpool, they won European Champion less than Liverpool.

    I wonder why their fans called MU the most succcessful in England ?

    May be MU fans think that soccer game only exist in 90s...

  12. #352
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    by the way mu in the danger of losing their contract with nike

  13. #353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    my sentiments too. along with Biscan...

    unless Rafa can really sign someone that'll replace hamann effortlessly.
    No lar, Biscan can go. Hamann is way more effective as an enforcer IMO.

    They can buy Nicky Butt for the same role as well. I think Newcastle wants to get rid of him. Can't be too expensive.

    FWIW, maybe Benitez should try to buy Joaquin for the right side of midfield. Gallas would actually be a good replacement for the ridiculous Djimi Traore if they continue to play 3-1-4-2.
    Last edited by kahheng; 30th May 2005 at 11:50 AM.

  14. #354

    Default

    houllier landed the lyon job. wonder what will happen to lyon's attacking flair...

  15. #355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    houllier landed the lyon job. wonder what will happen to lyon's attacking flair...
    Lyon is the League 1 Champion for 2002, 2003 and 2004. He inherited a team that won the league tittle 3 years in a row. Anything less than being next season Champion is not acceptable. He had a very difficult job. I think he need Heskey to help him.

  16. #356
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default ManU fans will hate us more.......

    Man Utd fans have much more to reasons to hate LFC for winning the Champs
    League than AC Milan fans.

    1) AC Milan just won it 2 years ago, and has won it like 6-7 times. LFC
    success doesn't eclipse theirs at all. No hard feelings..

    2) But Man Utd has only won it twice only in 50 years. We have it 5 times in
    30 years. Can u see them growing green with envy?

    3) LFC was and still is the best English club in Europe. Even when LFC
    stopped at 4 trophies for 21 years, Man Utd still couldn't catch up. And now
    they are 3 down!

    4) Most dramatic comeback Champ League Final - before this year's final,
    people will always remember Man Utd 1999 Final as the most dramatic comeback
    match. But after this year, LFC vs AC Milan 2005 has became THE classic
    comeback match. Perhaps until Man Utd or any team managed to claw back from
    4 goals down and win 5-4 in a Champ League final. Until then, this is THE
    comeback match.

    5) One of the highest scoring final matches in modern football. And they
    thought it was gonna be 0-0. After 5-4 against Alaves, and this match, no
    self-respecting fan can call us boring anymore...

    6) Yet, despite the goal feast, we have the excitement of penalty shootout
    too! Usually it's either a goal-feast, OR a penalty shootout. But this rare
    match has both! This is real special!!!!

    7) Sportsmanship - no pre-match mind game or post-match pizza throwing.

    8) Every positive kind of drama fans would want; an early goal, killer
    passes, goal-line clearance, double point-blank saves, tactical battles,
    penalty and missed penalty, dogged defending and suspenseful climax!

    9) We are keeping the trophy permanently- every Man Utd fans that want to
    see the REAL CL trophy they won in 1999 has to go to Anfield trophy room.
    Muahahaahah!!!!!!

    10) Magic formulas -
    Rooney+Ronaldo+Van Nistelroy = 50mil AND empty hands.
    (Cisse+Baros+Garcia < 25 mil) = Champs League medal.
    Rio+Silvestre+Heinze+Neville = 40 mil AND empty hands.
    (Carra+Hyppia+Traore+Finna <15 mil) = Champs League medal

  17. #357
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Man Utd fans have much more to reasons to hate LFC for winning the Champs
    League than AC Milan fans.

    1) AC Milan just won it 2 years ago, and has won it like 6-7 times. LFC
    success doesn't eclipse theirs at all. No hard feelings..

    2) But Man Utd has only won it twice only in 50 years. We have it 5 times in
    30 years. Can u see them growing green with envy?

    3) LFC was and still is the best English club in Europe. Even when LFC
    stopped at 4 trophies for 21 years, Man Utd still couldn't catch up. And now
    they are 3 down!

    4) Most dramatic comeback Champ League Final - before this year's final,
    people will always remember Man Utd 1999 Final as the most dramatic comeback
    match. But after this year, LFC vs AC Milan 2005 has became THE classic
    comeback match. Perhaps until Man Utd or any team managed to claw back from
    4 goals down and win 5-4 in a Champ League final. Until then, this is THE
    comeback match.

    5) One of the highest scoring final matches in modern football. And they
    thought it was gonna be 0-0. After 5-4 against Alaves, and this match, no
    self-respecting fan can call us boring anymore...

    6) Yet, despite the goal feast, we have the excitement of penalty shootout
    too! Usually it's either a goal-feast, OR a penalty shootout. But this rare
    match has both! This is real special!!!!

    7) Sportsmanship - no pre-match mind game or post-match pizza throwing.

    8) Every positive kind of drama fans would want; an early goal, killer
    passes, goal-line clearance, double point-blank saves, tactical battles,
    penalty and missed penalty, dogged defending and suspenseful climax!

    9) We are keeping the trophy permanently- every Man Utd fans that want to
    see the REAL CL trophy they won in 1999 has to go to Anfield trophy room.
    Muahahaahah!!!!!!

    10) Magic formulas -
    Rooney+Ronaldo+Van Nistelroy = 50mil AND empty hands.
    (Cisse+Baros+Garcia < 25 mil) = Champs League medal.
    Rio+Silvestre+Heinze+Neville = 40 mil AND empty hands.
    (Carra+Hyppia+Traore+Finna <15 mil) = Champs League medal
    hehe... on top of it all, even their sponsor, Nike has poured cold water on them by saying Chelsea won the title, Arsenal the FA Cup and LIVERPOOL the EuroChamps! that makes man utd no.4 in this equation! hahaaha they better buck up or could lose even more sponsorship!

    and to rub it all off, glazer my man is likely to stop all big money spending by sir alex and gang, limiting their kitty to some £26million! how sweet!

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #358

    Default

    Maybe there will be a Owen + Heskey transfer to Lyon

  19. #359
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    Maybe there will be a Owen + Heskey transfer to Lyon
    hahahaha!!

    and diao and diouf over to Lyon!!


    it'll b an exciting summer!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #360
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    I dun think Man Utd fans will hate Liverpool more after winning this season's CL. Afterall, Liverpool is also an English team. No doubt, most Man Utd's fans supported Milan in the finals but after Liverpool's truimp, most English United fans will respect their win. Man Utd's fans will hate Liverpool more if they beat Man Utd in any competition.

    There is one little stat/fact that is actually quite prominant. No doubt, Liverpool is England's all time most successful club. But when Man Utd won the CL in 99, we qualify outright for next season's competition. No need any G14, FA, UEFA, FIFA's support, petitions, influential people's votes and such.

    But then, i think it is very good that Liverpool won this season's CL. It is good to have a 5 times winner from the premier league and this will boost the coefficent for English clubs in UEFA. I think it will be even nicer to have a 6 times winner like Milan. Real Madrid is getting further away with 9 times.

    Since the inception of CL in 92, only 2 English team won it once each. A bit sad! A even sad fact is now Man Utd is in the hands of Glazer. Dunno what will happen.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •