Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922274267 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    Gerard Houllier is poised to take over as Olympique Lyon coach next season.
    may the force be with you.
    hmmm....
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

i'd rather have pellegrino stay than having o'sh1t in our squad
    U prefer Liverpool to concede goals ?? I wonder why.....

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    can't believe Rafa will want to sign a player of o'shea's quality.

Gerard Houllier is poised to take over as Olympique Lyon coach next season.
    We have potential buyer for our soon to be released players, ie...Smicer, Diao, , Cheyrou etc.....

We have potential buyer for our soon to be released players, ie...Smicer, Diao, , Cheyrou etc.....

which big team wanna sign Diao??? so brave....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    can't believe Rafa will want to sign a player of o'shea's quality.
    nothing is worse than Pelle.

Just that I can;t believe O SHea is tagged at 6m...Probably 1.5m I dun mind.

We now have 30m to spend..must plan carefully for the next 2-3 season.

Most important is to get a strong defensive midfielder...Hamann is aging. Must get someone good to replace him. U can see without him in the 1st half, Kaka just tore us apart. With him on the 2nd half, kaka was limited to very few chances..

nothing is worse than Pelle.

Just that I can;t believe O SHea is tagged at 6m...Probably 1.5m I dun mind.

We now have 30m to spend..must plan carefully for the next 2-3 season.

Most important is to get a strong defensive midfielder...Hamann is aging. Must get someone good to replace him. U can see without him in the 1st half, Kaka just tore us apart. With him on the 2nd half, kaka was limited to very few chances..
    good anchorman are few and far in between. can't think of any good anchorman except for Gattuso, makelele, keane(old!), davids... there might be others in the list but it really is a very small group.

i thought Biscan is very decent.

good anchorman are few and far in between. can't think of any good anchorman except for Gattuso, makelele, keane(old!), davids... there might be others in the list but it really is a very small group.

i thought Biscan is very decent.

agree...both MU and Liverpool having problem to replace their anchorman, Keane and Hamann.

However, I wish Rafa would keep Biscan. He just started to shine and show what he can do for us. Let him study under hamann. and he needs more matches to build his experience.

May be Rafa would look from South America....

agree...both MU and Liverpool having problem to replace their anchorman, Keane and Hamann.

However, I wish Rafa would keep Biscan. He just started to shine and show what he can do for us. Let him study under hamann. and he needs more matches to build his experience.

May be Rafa would look from South America....
    stevie g will make a very good anchorman. but that could be a waste of his attacking qualities.

alonso looks good too.

south america, dunno abt the players there. but let's hope we don't sign some monkeys like newcastle and southampton had done.

peter crouch for liverpool???

by the way, mike owen apparently survived his own 'suicide' attempt and even manages to score for real madrid over the weekend.
    still, it can't compare to playing in the Finals of the CL!! what a L for Love player!!!!

Pelle can stay and rot in the reserves or watever...
    But signing Scums is a no no and this is a scum who cant even hold down a regular place and score own goals too... why would we want him??
    Even if he really sign.. I won't cheer for him.. like i never cheered for ince

i'm a big fan of Kaka.... he did so well in my championship manager

stevie g will make a very good anchorman. but that could be a waste of his attacking qualities.

alonso looks good too.
    agree...it is a waste to use Gerrard to play as defensive midfield role. Just look at the game against AC Milan at the 2nd half..he was asked by Rafa to go forward to assist in attack. And we all knew what a decent performance he had achieved.

Alonso ? he is very good at distributing ball and pass. But Not quite sure about his defending and interception at the attack flow. he was playing this role ( abit more like a defensive midfield in the 1st half)...but kaka just walked into Liverpool defence as no man land.

But signing Scums is a no no and this is a scum who cant even hold down a regular place and score own goals too... why would we want him??
    funny thing is, i cheered for Ince when he signed for Liverpool from Inter-Milan. it ain't so bad to have good players who were formerly with Man Utd over to play for Liverpool.

but i won't see the funny side of it if a Liverpool player go over to Man Utd. intense rivalry!!!

john o'shea simply falls short of quality needed to play for both man utd and Liverpool. maybe he'll do well for everton.

funny thing is, i cheered for Ince when he signed for Liverpool from Inter-Milan. it ain't so bad to have good players who were formerly with Man Utd over to play for Liverpool.
    another reason was because i didnt like the way ince played.

Well, if man u will consider swapping pelle with osh1t ...

agree...it is a waste to use Gerrard to play as defensive midfield role. Just look at the game against AC Milan at the 2nd half..he was asked by Rafa to go forward to assist in attack. And we all knew what a decent performance he had achieved.

Alonso ? he is very good at distributing ball and pass. But Not quite sure about his defending and interception at the attack flow. he was playing this role ( abit more like a defensive midfield in the 1st half)...but kaka just walked into Liverpool defence as no man land.
    alonso had a good game against Eh, Simi-Lan. he has the most tackles for Liverpool in the game according to the whatever statistic from opstat or something...

main thing is to win the ball. david batty is a very good anchorman during his hey-days with leeds and blackburn as well as newcastle.

i like vinny jones too! hahahhaa

I think I had given enough stats (stats is fact) on Pelle. Whenever he plays, Liverpool concede goals. Unless u want Liverpool to concede goals..never play Pelle.

Biscan, Mellor, Sinama, Pelle, Carson, who also can;t even hold down their regular place with the team....why we want them too ?

And the stats is - Carra had scored more own goals for Liverpool than O Shea for MU.

i'm not saying Pelle should stay. cara scored more og becos he has played in more games.
    Aiyah i don't want to talk about stats, i know u like stats a lot. In football sometimes stats don't really count. Else Liverpool wouldnt have won the Champs League.

The only stat i care about is that osh1t is a scum. I simply hate ex scums playing for Liverpool. And I dun think he is good enough to play for us. And at $6m? that would be a joke.

I think I had given enough stats (stats is fact) on Pelle. Whenever he plays, Liverpool concede goals. Unless u want Liverpool to concede goals..never play Pelle.

Biscan, Mellor, Sinama, Pelle, Carson, who also can;t even hold down their regular place with the team....why we want them too ?

And the stats is - Carra had scored more own goals for Liverpool than O Shea for MU.
    still, Carragher is the top player for LIVERPOOL this season.

what abt john o'shea? so what if he's a childhood Liverpool fan? i think that cut no ice with me if his ability isn't there.

now, we've got Dudek, Crason, Kirkland(remember him?) and the soon Jose Reina.

i got a feeling Dudek and kirkland(remember him?) will leave.
    sinama could be pretty useful as a good substitute.
    anthony le tallec might be saying good bye.

anyone remember the comment made by danny murphy when he waved goodbye to Liverpool and joined Charlton?
    he was sceptical of Liverpool under Rafa and that the team will lose all its 'English Qualities' of being an English team. but hey, the Finals of the CL is proof that Liverpool is even more English than most other English teams. we won by sheer determination and that old English bull-dog spirit!

alonso had a good game against Eh, Simi-Lan. he has the most tackles for Liverpool in the game according to the whatever statistic from opstat or something...
    I am not saying that Alonso is bad at defending. In terms of no. of tackles..no one did more than Carra in this season.

I mean Alonso is lacking what Hamann did to read the attack flow and intercept/slow down the play/passing, and protect the back 4.

Of course...the ideal would be Gerrard partner Alonso..Both can attack and defend..Either one go up..the other can cover each other. when we need to strengthen/tighten the defense a bit more..Hamann can do the best.

Now we have to wait for UEFA ruling to confirm in what way..they would allow Liverpool to play next year Champion League.

Lyon, French Champion with Houllier could face Liverpool next season. Interesting !

I am not saying that Alonso is bad at defending. In terms of no. of tackles..no one did more than Carra in this season.

I mean Alonso is lacking what Hamann did to read the attack flow and intercept/slow down the play/passing, and protect the back 4.

Of course...the ideal would be Gerrard partner Alonso..Both can attack and defend..Either one go up..the other can cover each other. when we need to strengthen/tighten the defense a bit more..Hamann can do the best.

Now we have to wait for UEFA ruling to confirm in what way..they would allow Liverpool to play next year Champion League.

Lyon, French Champion with Houllier could face Liverpool next season. Interesting !
    i'm a little skeptical with houllier in charge of Lyon, but we'll see. hahaa

i think the verdict is still out as to who the new anchorman might be. john welsh looks pretty good too.

any news besides jose reina, who'll sign for LIVERPOOL?