Thread: OLd aLEXANDRA hospital to be conserved

Default OLd aLEXANDRA hospital to be conserved

Now, any good suggestion as to what it could be converted to.

me suggest it to be a medical museum.

noticed that most GPs these days are using the digital blood pressure machine liao.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Now, any good suggestion as to what it could be converted to. me suggest it to be a medical museum. noticed that most GPs these days are using the digital blood pressure machine liao.
    SGH has a medical museum but yes I think if the whole of Alexandra Hospital with its rich history, is converted into a proper full museum, it would be excellent.

Default Re: OLd aLEXANDRA hospital to be conserved

It won't be a musuem.
    It will be the training ground for Serangoon General Hospital once Ng Teng Fong Hospital is setup in Jurong East.
    Conserved as in "not torn down" to make way for another condo...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

They should do the same with OCH

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    They should do the same with OCH
    Yup, preserve and restore into the status of 1945. Would make the other 'residents' feel more comfy.
    EOS

Why can't they continue to use it as a hospital or specialized clinic center?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Why can't they continue to use it as a hospital or specialized clinic center?
    That is exactly what is happening. It has been a training hospital and will continue to be so.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    That is exactly what is happening. It has been a training hospital and will continue to be so.
    Than we should keep it that way, why do people want to suggest turning it into something else
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

The government is sure as hell not going to spend money upkeeping conserved buildings. They need to be commercially viable. Look at the Old Changi Hospital, nothing's done there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    The government is sure as hell not going to spend money upkeeping conserved buildings. They need to be commercially viable. Look at the Old Changi Hospital, nothing's done there.
    I would say that your first sentence contradicts your second. Please use proper sentence structure.

I would say " the government will not spend any money to conserve buildings unless they are commercially viable."

There are different meanings, though the words are the same.