Thread: I think I have under-spent in photography when...

Thumbs up I think I have under-spent in photography when...

... when I saw my friends buying cars.... the total I spent is not even half of a car

So guys, comparing to them, dun worry about over-spending in your equipment. Time to start shopping for more equipment!

There's a term: Apples & Oranges....i think i'll use Kiwi and Durians instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Shan Ben
    ... when I saw my friends buying cars.... the total I spent is not even half of a car

So guys, comparing to them, dun worry about over-spending in your equipment. Time to start shopping for more equipment!

Ya lor.... compare to those who buy yacht

How about getting your own "air" transport like donald trump

by the time u spend half the amount needed for a car on cam gear, u realise u need a big car to carry those stuff around...then if u buy a car, u would have spent 1.5 times as much as the guy who only bought the car

Yeah but your smiling ends when the pretty girl you've been shooting eventually ends up in his car

car can buy sub-$50K one..but lens cannot underspend

Once i was at a major field event..

Theres this one bunch of photog ka-kis (from their attired and whatnots) crowded ard where i poised...over my head...

Brother A shouted: Hey pass me that 300 F4 quick..
    Brother B replied: Sorry both we using now.
    Brother C said: Unless you dont mind, try his new 70200 la...2.8 should still ok what
    Brother D added: Hey dont touch my new one, i havent try out it yet myself, take his F2 prime la..same range what
    Brother B countered: hey hey last time he use my 1735, nearly drop lei, i not scared ah. NONO not available
    Brother A comes in: you all so Niao, you forgot i loaned you that 2870 you really took forev..er to return. forget it la, hey help me hold the D2, i go my car take the 400

*...I quietly stepped away, somewhat dragging my now rather light cameo bag, half huddling my little pinhole..

i don't get it
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

r u saying that photographers don't buy cars ? LOL

this comparison is totally absurb .... ppl buy cars for totally different purposes, unless they buy their cars for hobby use, or you buy lens for your profession....
    anyway, the costs of cars are actually much cheaper than our cam system. In Japan, Australia, USA, etc... you can buy cars for less than $5k. Only Singaporeans are so siao and kumcum to pay for cars on a 8-yr instalments! For a Toyota or Nissan, we are actually paying them at Mercedes' costs!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i don't get it
    if you read INTO the story, you see theres the..

1. 300/4
    2. 70-200/2.8
    3. 200/2
    4. 17-35/2.8
    5. 28-70/2.8
    6. D2 (H/X!?)
    7. 400/2.8

The way they exchanging lens, then they must all be using Nikon system, meaning the Trinity & 3 top primes are there...

the crux of this joke is how easily and conveniently (and ironically) OTHERS are swapping the big boys right over a common man like me LITERALLY..and causing big envy and depression at the same time...realising that i UNDERSPENDING!

My D70 plus kitlens is more expensive than my car

when i can still afford to eat at nice places???

hehe

Maybe that applies to you only? becoz u are Ding Shan Ben....

Quote Originally Posted by itisnottheendorg

*...I quietly stepped away, somewhat dragging my now rather light cameo bag, half huddling my little pinhole..
    if u cant beat them..join them =)

Quote Originally Posted by itisnottheendorg
    if you read INTO the story, you see theres the..

1. 300/4
    2. 70-200/2.8
    3. 200/2
    4. 17-35/2.8
    5. 28-70/2.8
    6. D2 (H/X!?)
    7. 400/2.8

The way they exchanging lens, then they must all be using Nikon system, meaning the Trinity & 3 top primes are there...

the crux of this joke is how easily and conveniently (and ironically) OTHERS are swapping the big boys right over a common man like me LITERALLY..and causing big envy and depression at the same time...realising that i UNDERSPENDING!
    i see...

I doubt anyone can underspend in photography. it's a never ending pit.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Blog Entries

" I think I have under-spent in photography when..."

Nelson at TCW tells me to pay for coffee

lets talk about cost vs usage rate. i think car is still better. can get u places in a jiffy.