Thread: Backdrop roller system advice

Default Backdrop roller system advice

Does anyone have any experience in buying a backdrop roller system like the attached:

I'm going to get a 3-4 rollers for 3-4 different types of background. I see most of the studio uses the manual 1 but there are some using electronic as well.

Can recommend prices, brand, system in SG?

TIA!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Backdrop roller system advice

I am using the one pictured.

What do you want to know? They are all no name China brand ones. You attach them onto the autopole using superclamps. are you going to use roll paper on these?

Do you need to roll in roll out day in day out everyday? If not, go for the manual one, those power driven is cost 3 - 4 times more.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

thanks guys...china brand are they reliable? yes...need to use them quite frequently. Where did you guys bought it? Ruby photo? I don't really want a china brand kind but if the price is significant then I'll consider.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malsam View Post
    thanks guys...china brand are they reliable? yes...need to use them quite frequently. Where did you guys bought it? Ruby photo? I don't really want a china brand kind but if the price is significant then I'll consider.
    Mine has been working well without any problems.

If you want to avoid China made no-branders, best you head over to Cathay Photo and look at the ones from Manfrotto. Be prepared to pay a lot more though.