Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casio Protrek watches - What are the various models ??

Blog Entries

Default Casio Protrek watches - What are the various models ??

I open up the Casio website and I am blown away by so many different models under the Protrek line of adventure watches

Anyone can explain the differences or have some kind of compare table ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Many models there mainly from old to latest model. PROTREK will have tough solar, Baro meter, thermometer & compass. They have bracelet or rubber strap. Best is to see in actual to see how it fits your wrist as pictures is misleading. The bracelet model has a thinner profile then the rubber strap model. Of all function only the compass is useful, the thermometer will measure yrs wrist temperature and for accurate reading you will have to suspend it for 30mins to take the readings. My 2 solar model Mudman, PROTREK die on me as I kept them in drawers due to having a helper at home and the numbers of watches I have ... It will cause $30-$40 to replace that solar battery.

I bought my G Shock, Sunnto, Timex & luminox at Prestige, Bras Bersa complex facing the main road & opposite to MacDonald. Usually I get 15-23 % discounted from retail price on cash purchase. I only hope that they sell Rolex...
    Last edited by airfins; 30th September 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Default Re: Casio Protrek watches - What are the various models ??

I am using one but donno the exact model and donno how to use the compass :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Many models there mainly from old to latest model. PROTREK will have tough solar, Baro meter, thermometer & compass. They have bracelet or rubber strap. Best is to see in actual to see how it fits your wrist as pictures is misleading. The bracelet model has a thinner profile then the rubber strap model. Of all function only the compass is useful, the thermometer will measure yrs wrist temperature and for accurate reading you will have to suspend it for 30mins to take the readings. My 2 solar model Mudman, PROTREK die on me as I kept them in drawers due to having a helper at home and the numbers of watches I have ... It will cause $30-$40 to replace that solar battery.

I bought my G Shock, Sunnto, Timex & luminox at Prestige, Bras Bersa complex facing the main road & opposite to MacDonald. Usually I get 15-23 % discounted from retail price on cash purchase. I only hope that they sell Rolex...
    buy online the best.... more discount.

The shop 15-25% discount is standard for most shops. Don't be fooled to be carrot head

I recently did a little bit of research on protrek. They have many functions as airfins has mentioned. Compass is ok but for accurate temperature measurement, you have to take it out from your wrist and put it in the ambient for 20 mins or so. Based on online amazon reviews, barometer is not that accurate either.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-.../dp/B00BKE40HY
    In the end, I just bought this g-shock with thermometer and compass. Tough solar feature is not important for me as I am ok to change batteries. Bras Bersa is the cheapest place i can find so far. Cheaper than online stores i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post

buy online the best.... more discount.

The shop 15-25% discount is standard for most shops. Don't be fooled to be carrot head
    The brick and mortar stores can match the online store prices. You just gotta nudge them.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

there are a few shops at 180 bencoolen street, the bencoolen. selling casio protrek.
    3D trading, Wings Heng watch to name a few.

i bought several gshocks from 3d trading. price seems ok, especially compared to the official g-factory shops.

Quote Originally Posted by mtunlinn View Post
    I recently did a little bit of research on protrek. They have many functions as airfins has mentioned. Compass is ok but for accurate temperature measurement, you have to take it out from your wrist and put it in the ambient for 20 mins or so. Based on online amazon reviews, barometer is not that accurate either. http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-.../dp/B00BKE40HY In the end, I just bought this g-shock with thermometer and compass. Tough solar feature is not important for me as I am ok to change batteries. Bras Bersa is the cheapest place i can find so far. Cheaper than online stores i can find.
    I bought this watch too about 2-3 months back at Prestige Bras Bersa, metal bracelet S$318 "regular special price"Taka selling $340 IIRC. I also bought a luminox frm them for my wife 3 weeks ago. "White Out" S$417. I did check around shops and online but their price is the best at that time
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

i thinking of getting this, with HRM.

http://heart-rate-monitor-watches-re...io-review.html
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post

I bought this watch too about 2-3 months back at Prestige Bras Bersa, metal bracelet S$318 "regular special price"Taka selling $340 IIRC. I also bought a luminox frm them for my wife 3 weeks ago. "White Out" S$417. I did check around shops and online but their price is the best at that time
    Wrong info in my previous post. I mixed up bencoolen (the one next to bugis OG) with bras bersa. I bought the rubber strap version for $230 at the bencoolen. Same price in most shops there. Retail price is $33x I think.

Not sure what are the stats difference, but they all look pretty to me.

A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Blog Entries

thanks

i googled a little n see that the 270 series are the latest of the Protrek
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

I wear Suunto. Much nicer looking, imo.

PRW3000 is the latest model with the new v3 sensor.

get it from 3D or petrolnut.

No titanium bracelet no talk.

Been wearing mine for ages.so light u be amazed.
    On my Blacklist. u should blacklist this too.
    9022 9295

I'm using the Mudman Limited Edition with Carbon Fiber and atomic time

Good enough. Comes with compass and thermometer too

Last edited by kei1309; 4th October 2013 at 04:14 PM.

currently eyeing the rangeman gw9400-1jf, jdm model with carbon fibre wrist strap!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast