Thread: "10 Ways to Improve Your Photography in 30 days", and some of my thoughs

Default "10 Ways to Improve Your Photography in 30 days", and some of my thoughs

Received a daily digest about Photography Tips and Techniques, the title of one article caught my attention,

10 Ways to Improve Your Photography in 30 days

here is the first tips

1. Regardless of what type of camera you are using you will need to know how it works and how to use it in order to get the best results. It doesn’t matter if you’re using a DSLR, a point and shoot, or a smartphone camera, having a better understanding of how it works and what you can do will open up new possibilities and allow you to use it more effectively.

The best place to start is, of course, the camera’s manual.
    the rest of the tips, noting about "what Camera should I have", "what Lens should I have", "what Gears should I have", just simple fully utilise whatever already in your hands.

just look at the new threads post here everyday, most of them are either asking basic questions that can be found in camera manual easily, or just a few keystroke in Google Search, and also endless gear talks.
    how much time you guys spend using your camera to create photographs?
    and please, taking photos of objects or people to test the sharpness/color/resolution power is NOT photography.

if their photography is so shallow, not putting any efforts into it, no wonder their hobby don't last long,
    I hope to see more photographers just go out and shoot, explore and learn,
    come back to post more photos here to share and encourage each.

Full article here
    http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/1...hy-in-30-days/
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: "10 Ways to Improve Your Photography in 30 days", and some of my thoughs

One should be able to operate the camera in total darkness.

Default Re: "10 Ways to Improve Your Photography in 30 days", and some of my thoughs

Train your photographic eye, know your gears and do the photographic composition in your mind before pickup the camera, and then shoot.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

And shoot, shoot, shoot.

I always tell my friends that, if they are interested in moving away from Auto or Creative modes, to understand better the shutter-aperture-iso relationship. Even this step can take a while to understand and I found that it can be easier to break it down into an everyday concept to better understand.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    One should be able to operate the camera in total darkness.
    An. Taking picture without light. Brilliant!

develop technical excellence parallel to creative vision...
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    develop technical excellence parallel to creative vision...
    Since both aspects reside in different sides of the brain it is really a challenge... few will master.
    EOS