Thread: XDriveII

Deregistered

Default XDriveII

Hi folks,

today I just copied about 6GB into the HDD of my XDriveII, now the system says my HDD is not formatted, do you folks have any idea how to over come it? I need the images desperately

Deregistered

I realised it's filesystem is not specified inside the disk management.

Anyway took a daring step to format the HDD, now using my software recovery tools, looks good so far. Crossing my fingers...

Same thing happened to me now.....left the XdriveII for two months unused.
    Now connected to my pc...and the pc state: drive corrupted.......

how goes the recovery? hope there's good news?

Deregistered

Now at 43% of my 20GB HDD, 383 found, 6GB should equiv 600+ shots. Hopefully can recover, I have 4GB on my CF, I just need the missing 2GB.. hopefully will get that 2GB back

As for me, I decided to format the 30G HD.....now it is back in working order
    Dunno what happened, there were files inside the drive....but was unable to read or even format through my desktop PC running WindowXP.

I had to take the HD out of the XdriveII casing...and slot into laptop and used the win98 startup disk to format it.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Now at 43% of my 20GB HDD, 383 found, 6GB should equiv 600+ shots. Hopefully can recover, I have 4GB on my CF, I just need the missing 2GB.. hopefully will get that 2GB back
    good luck then.. seems promising so far..

Deregistered

Benign: I plugged into my WinXP Pro laptop, can't read also, then I plug into my Win2K Pro machine also cannot... I checked in the Disk Management saying it's healthy but can't read the file system. So I daringly took a step to format it.

obviousdude: yeah, 776 found, 69%, I copied 4 times, 2 times with same files, so should get near 800+ back excluding those that already were on it. Glad I didn't waste money on this software although I was hoping I never had to use it again.

ESPN: Sorry to hear that, I think XdriveII is not meant for long term storage?

There is also another mishap with this bugga.....if you can't transfer your CF card. Always try to turn it on once or twice before you use it. it will auto power off....it always work for me

Since then, I have no more problem with transfer from CF card to XdriveII.

Deregistered

Funny thing is that it just now can copy, but it cannot be read by PC... I almost wanted to bring to office and mount to UNIX to see if it can be read