Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy MiC HDB flats?

Default Re: Would you buy MiC HDB flats?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    read carefully, TS is seeking views from members, so far nobody post anything negative or crossing the line.

and btw, you are the first one mention anti-PRC here.
    Ok fine. it is always reading in between the lines.

My bad for not explaining what I meant by "MiC HDB". Nowadays you see a lot of Chinese main and sub contractors building HDB flats. While foundations and prefabricated walls may come from same source. But will interior materials such as window frames, doors frames, wall finishing, water proofing, pipings, etc and workmanship take a hit. Also, I think nowadays HDB comes furnished with flooring, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets (not sure). Are these of good design and quality?

This thread is not about Chinese but more of HDB awarding more projects to Chinese main and sub contractors in its attempt to offer competitive pricing to the market. But are we getting value for money?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 24th September 2013 at 01:35 PM.

Deregistered

MIC HDB and EC is awarded to them, else how to get the Tianjin Industrial park project ? They come and corner the mkt , bidding aggressively and planning to IPO soon to make even more money.

Deregistered

MiC, would you buy?

Nowadays huh, what is not MiC ????? you tell me!

Are you saying you are not buying iPhones, iPad, blah, blah and blah????

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    MiC, would you buy?

Nowadays huh, what is not MiC ????? you tell me!

Are you saying you are not buying iPhones, iPad, blah, blah and blah????
    Why so angry?

If you are chinese, your grandparents or great-grandparents were MiC too

Technically HDB should ensure the same quality when asking for tender and awarding contracts. When come to construction, it's up to the developer to ensure plus the 1 yr to raise defects.

My place main contractor is local. A decade down the road, the living room and kitchen floor tiles popped and had to be replaced. Left the bomb shelter floor tiles. Should I count myself as lucky that the bedroom floors are wood ?

it is not about where it is made but rather who it is made for and how stringent are the requirement.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Why so angry?

If you are chinese, your grandparents or great-grandparents were MiC too
    That is what i am saying....nothing wrong with MiC.

Even iPhones are MiC.

Almost all things are MiC nowadays.

If you want better quality ones, just pay a little more. Just as you pay slightly more for iPhone as compared to those unbranded MiC smartphones.

So if KBW can sell you cheaper HDB, as announced recently, just be prepared for more defects.

The issue is not 'made in China' ... but rather we should accept that with limited cash we have, we can only afford certain quality of product.

There are lots of made in japan, euro, Germany item in the market .. but ask yourself if you can afford or find it worth the price ..

Went isetan lido and you see all japan import fruits, compare to to china product .. which will u ge

Bo bian leh...i only have this much money to stay in HDB. Even if a condo is 'made in germany' I also have to choose 'MIC' HDB....so like it or not no choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Bo bian leh...i only have this much money to stay in HDB. Even if a condo is 'made in germany' I also have to choose 'MIC' HDB....so like it or not no choice for me.
    You have a choice: you can either use your money to buy a HDB unit, or live under a bridge for free

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    You have a choice: you can either use your money to buy a HDB unit, or live under a bridge for free
    Bridge not free la. SLA will ask you pay rent. :P

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Bridge not free la. SLA will ask you pay rent. :P
    or ERP if you walk through a gantry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12