Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How to choose Lens?

  1. #1
    Galaa
    Guests

    Default How to choose Lens?

    I wanted to buy an IR lens for around $30+ but AP says they don hv, they only selling high end IR lens for $100+
    So like to ask whats the diff between a high end and a cheap cheap one?

    Also, wanna buy a wide angle lens. What should I look out for?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    it would be good to get one that works specifically for your camera. with others, you might experience more distortion. good wide-angle lens are not cheap though. I have the cheap $80 Vitacon 0.4x one but it introduces bad distortion and chromatic aberrations.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    U may want to look for the 0.8x Oly B-28 WAC...abt $200++.

  4. #4
    Galaa
    Guests

    Default

    Wah wide angle so expensive ah...
    I think I'll buy an IR lens to play around 1st...
    So what IR should I buy for C2100?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by Galaa
    Wah wide angle so expensive ah...
    I think I'll buy an IR lens to play around 1st...
    So what IR should I buy for C2100?
    The companion for this B-28 is the famous B-300 1.7x TC ($280)......that's why the high price.

    Anyway, Olympus recommend using the B-28 and B-300 for best results.

    For IR filter, I'm no expert...so can anyone else help Galaa?????

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    3,111

    Default

    Originally posted by Galaa
    Wah wide angle so expensive ah...
    I think I'll buy an IR lens to play around 1st...
    So what IR should I buy for C2100?
    U can try Hoya R72 for taking IR pics.
    Cost me $25.50 at Foto Guide in penninsula plaza.

    But u have to ask them to order for u

    It's a small shop, but they are quite nice to have ordered for me
    Tried CP and AP, both declined to help.....

  7. #7

    Default

    wats ir lens?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by franciskc
    wats ir lens?
    Infra-Red lens.

  9. #9
    Galaa
    Guests

    Default

    I asked AP, CP, Alley photo, and NONE of them has the Hoya R72 lens. All the 3 shops selling high end lens which cost more than $100...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    3,111

    Default

    Originally posted by Galaa
    I asked AP, CP, Alley photo, and NONE of them has the Hoya R72 lens. All the 3 shops selling high end lens which cost more than $100...
    Did u ask Foto Guide?

  11. #11
    Galaa
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by ark19


    Did u ask Foto Guide?
    No. Where is it?

    And since we're at the topic of lens, I might as well ask more question. I think these benefit newbies like me as we don hv experience with lens.

    Whats the diff between a good and lousy UV lens? Im using a cheap Hoya UV lens. Should I change?

  12. #12

    Default

    u tawking abt filter or lens... me blurr liaoz.

  13. #13
    Galaa
    Guests

    Default

    Paisei I mean UV filters, and IR lens, Wide angle Lens

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    3,111

    Default

    Originally posted by Galaa


    No. Where is it?

    And since we're at the topic of lens, I might as well ask more question. I think these benefit newbies like me as we don hv experience with lens.

    Whats the diff between a good and lousy UV lens? Im using a cheap Hoya UV lens. Should I change?
    Foto Guide:
    #01-03 Peninsula Plaza
    Tel: 338 1437

    Give them a call and see if they can order for u.

    Abt the gd or lousy uv lens, have to ask the "qian bei" in this forum

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by ark19



    Abt the gd or lousy uv lens, have to ask the "qian bei" in this forum
    ok..i ask...
    "Qian Bei...wat are the difference in cheap and expensive UV filters? Do they really have a diff? i am using a $20 one though.."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •