Renowned photographer R. Ian Lloyd, who has worked for magazines such as National Geographic and has photographed 34 books on the Asia Pacific Region, will present a special day-long digital photography workshop for a limited group of 20 participants on May 29th. Ian will share his digital photography experiences and demonstrate tips, tricks and insights that he has learned on numerous assignments.
Who should attend?
This is a rare chance for advanced amateur photographers to gain a wealth of knowledge in a small group setting. Participants are encouraged to bring their own digital cameras as well as a print for evaluation.
These workshops are designed for advanced amateurs and intermediate photographers already enjoying using their digital cameras. Participants would be encouraged to bring their own digital cameras.
The one-day workshop will start off with a classroom-style session covering the topics mentioned above. Visual examples will be shown with an emphasis on technical understanding in an intimate group setting.
Participants will be asked to bring in a print of an image they would like some encouragement or criticism about. The session will begin with participants introducing themselves individually to the class and discussing their image.
A light lunch will be included.
After lunch Ian Lloyd will lead a short field trip out of the classroom where participants will have the opportunity to try out some of the techniques discussed earlier in the day. This will be a "hands-on" session where participants can get tips and ask the photographer questions.
The session will end with a show of field trip images together with a critique and discussion session.
The workshop will cover aspects of digital photography such as:
· Exposing for digital, flash techniques and advanced camera features.
· Lighting, colour & composition for digital photos
· Pixels, memory, resolution and colour management.
· Data storage and file protection – in camera and on the road.
· Processing files – sharpness, noise, white balance, upsizing and archiving.
· Photoshop CS, RAW files, actions, retouching and monitor profiling
· Preparing images for printing, email, the web, and digital slide shows.
· Practical tips on people photography, landscapes, aerials and underwater.
· Digital camera care and maintenance
Workshop Seminar Kit includes:
· Book Shot on Singapore, by R. Ian Lloyd (Exotic Asia)
· Canon Photography Vest
· A3 size print out
· Canon Promotion voucher
· Free Canon Alliance Membership
· Digital Photo Guidebook for Professional II
· Certificate of Participation
Canon Digital Photography Workshop
Date: 29 May 2005
Time: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Canon DMH
750 Victoria Street
Cost: $200/ pax
No of Participants: 20 (Limited seats, So hurry, Register NOW!)
Seats are on a first come first serve basis.