Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    To me, F1 is the first & last time experience. Smokey, noisy, humid and warm. Subsequent times, pay me I also don't wanna go.
    Most Singaporean you see there are either as contractor (working) or given free tickets by sponsor.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

  2. #22

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    Most Singaporean you see there are either as contractor (working) or given free tickets by sponsor.
    Fully agreed and very true! Most of my frenz all go there becos of "free tickets".... after all, who would really be in the right frame of mind to pay 700+ for a 3-day event? :?
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Unless got a good spot and some good gears to capture those moments else go there to torture your ear drums and inhaling burning tires smell, no thanks for me.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #24

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    and that's because the tickets are paid for by corporate sponsors or by credit card firms etc. usually Corporate/Sponsor purchases of tickets are cheaper than normal tickets

    do you think that F1 Singapore is so stupid as to give away so many tickets for free?

    there are only a few job scopes within F1's workers and volunteers i know who will get free tickets... but it's not all of them.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    Fully agreed and very true! Most of my frenz all go there becos of "free tickets".... after all, who would really be in the right frame of mind to pay 700+ for a 3-day event? :?
    so you're saying that people like me and the rest of the people who paid for the tickets are insane?

    just because you don't enjoy watching cars racing doesn't mean that others would be stupid to do it.

    if you had a unique hobby that everyone says you're wasting money on and people call you insane, would you agree with it or would you correct them by telling them that it's an interest and you don't mind paying for it?

    you lack wisdom and understanding.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so you're saying that people like me and the rest of the people who paid for the tickets are insane?

    just because you don't enjoy watching cars racing doesn't mean that others would be stupid to do it.

    if you had a unique hobby that everyone says you're wasting money on and people call you insane, would you agree with it or would you correct them by telling them that it's an interest and you don't mind paying for it?

    you lack wisdom and understanding.
    Apologies if my statement hit your raw nerve, no hard feelings. Been asking around if they buying the tix for the race, their first response is "siao bor!"

    You belong to the select minority group of exceptions who find it wholly justifiable to watch the three days, perhaps also flying to the next circuit for the upcoming season.... cheers
    Last edited by user12343; 23rd September 2013 at 05:03 PM.
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

  7. #27

    Default

    I paid for 3 tickets in 2011. The $1XX tickets at marina stand. Not a fan of the sports but just to experience it since it's in SIN. The concert and overall Amosphere was good. With the ticket we get to walk around the track and at some view point we were just next to the track and the $7-9XX grand stand, only that we are at ground level some will say siaobo when they see your $2XXX L Lens too Kekekkeke ....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  8. #28
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    Thousands of people with no interest in F1, bought tickets just to watch BigBang, Tom Jones, The Killers, Bob Geldof and Rihanna
    not forgetting all the back-up acts, bands and other entertainment + F&B while not cheap is still pretty OK priced

    Just dont buy F1 merchandise .... just too rich for my blood

    if you choose not to pay then thats your own decision and perogative which I hope the others will respect ..... no need to justify or sour grapes comment

    I found Fri night totally worth every cent of my $68 well spent .... we went in around 4pm to shoot performers, the first practice round and the great sunset and went out and bought our own dinner nearby at Funan IT Mall later after the first practice round , went home for a nice shower and come back in later to enjoy the cool night and concert from 11pm till 1am

    A regular Saturday evening on Orchard Rd already cost more than that

    well... up to u guys .... lets just respect each others' decisions on this
    Last edited by ed9119; 23rd September 2013 at 06:47 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  9. #29

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    I paid for 3 tickets in 2011. The $1XX tickets at marina stand. Not a fan of the sports but just to experience it since it's in SIN. The concert and overall Amosphere was good. With the ticket we get to walk around the track and at some view point we were just next to the track and the $7-9XX grand stand, only that we are at ground level some will say siaobo when they see your $2XXX L Lens too Kekekkeke ....
    When i first attended the second & third day back in 2008, with the heavy mama lens, my neck drooped and needed koyo plasters for few days. thereafter I told myself watch at comfort of home better, as cameras located at strategic bends & turns chase after the coverage of the race cars.
    Last edited by user12343; 24th September 2013 at 07:23 AM.
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

  10. #30

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    Quote Originally Posted by user12343 View Post
    When i first attended the second & third day back in 2008, with the heavy mama lens, my neck drooped and needed koyo plasters for few days. thereafter I told myself watch at comfort of home better, as cameras located at strategic bends & turns chase after the coverage of the race cars.
    you need more conditioning only... i suggest you strap a 1.5 Liter water bottle on your neck for a few days it should be around the mass of a nice big tele-L
    if not, feel free to use 2 or 3 bottles
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

    you need more conditioning only... i suggest you strap a 1.5 Liter water bottle on your neck for a few days it should be around the mass of a nice big tele-L
    if not, feel free to use 2 or 3 bottles
    Hahaha, once is more than enough...
    "You will not be remembered for the gear you used, but by the photographs you created"

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Where to catch some F1 action for free?

    F1 over liao. Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •