Thread: Hong Kong the Peak

Default Hong Kong the Peak

Hi Guys,

Im having first trip to the HK the Peak at Dec. I would to seek your advise if which Len is most suitable for night shot of the cityscape . I think I will be at the popular location , ie "roof" top.

Currently Eq: 5DM3 + 24-70MK2F2.8

Thinking of buying 16-35 for this trip.

Thanks !!!!

Default Re: Hong Kong the Peak

Quote Originally Posted by NikCan View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im having first trip to the HK the Peak at Dec. I would to seek your advise if which Len is most suitable for night shot of the cityscape . I think I will be at the popular location , ie "roof" top.

Thanks !!!!
    I only used a 14mm on Fuji. go early to get a good spot, because it'll be packed!

the tram up to the peak has a super long Q, if you don't mind the wait go for it, I took the tram and was stuck waiting for quite awhile, but I saw a bus that can go up which is faster and has less of a crowd.

If you can't see the peak from below, you can forget about going up. Cause the fog there covers all the view easily. Watch their news, else you wasted your trip up. Their octopus card can use for the tram ride. Happy shooting.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Enjoy yourself in Hong Kong. Don't forget your tripod.

Hi Guys,

Thanks !!!!
    So why do you think the UWA 16-35 will be more suitable than your 24-70?
    All lens can be use to shoot night photo and cityscape. So in another words..they are all suitable. Nothing is better unless you know what you want and how to use it. Having said that. Its your money..

Anyway..you may want to consider a tripod or some filters..(these are more important than thinking whether a general zoom or uwa is better..) Hopefully there are spaces for you to put your tripod though if u are bringing 1 up..

like others mentioned. Go early and check the weather forecast. Hopefully the weather condition would be nice to you. Good luck and have a nice trip.

Hi guys ,

Thank you all for your input. I plan to go off at 3 pm from main land HK. Thank you thank you !!!

Ya , I miss out on the fog thingy. Thanks.

The reason I asked was I'm afraid the peak might to near for 24mm to cover the city scape.

Thanks again .
    5DM3

Hi guys ,

Thank you all for your input. I plan to go off at 3 pm from main land HK. Thank you thank you !!!

Ya , I miss out on the fog thingy. Thanks.

The reason I asked was I'm afraid the peak might to near for 24mm to cover the city scape.

Thanks again .
    you will need to do stitching.

Perhaps you might get more ideas on what to shoot from this thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...1199739&page=3

Thanks. I found more reason to buy 16-35. Guess 70-200 had to wait heehee

Is Lee filter starter kit good enuff to start off at peak ?

Thanksssssss
    5DM3

At the peak, even not on the viewing area (paid), the rest also quite pack. I only got a 16-35mm, more building got distortion and I need to adjust. If you have been looking at the photos from the peak, there are quite a few locations. Remember to standby another camera, you might spot some eagle (?).

hmmm so pack...will get stress up tsk tsp. hope the crowd will be tripod friendly. sigh

hmmm so pack...will get stress up tsk tsp. hope the crowd will be tripod friendly. sigh
    I was there doing time lapse. People just crowd around you, so, be careful on your belonging. Nice view up there when the sky are clear. All the best anyway.

Roger . Thanks!!!