Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

  1. #1
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    ClubSNAP is conducting it first Photography Mentorship Programme! This is open to enthusiasts who are relatively new to Photography and who want to learn more about event photography. Participants will get access to many events and behind the scenes opportunities at Singapore Art Museum. And best of all, it is completely FOC except for some investment of time and learning.

    See this thread for details and how to sign up:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...94#post8593594

  2. #2

    Default

    Can i sign up?

    I'm bad at photography

  3. #3
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Can i sign up?

    I'm bad at photography
    Yes you can. Don't forget to set up your coffee booth so that all participants can have a nice coffee break
    Take the shot!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    Daredevil123,

    I have read the conditions.
    What about those using semi DSLR? ie able to have limited manual setting to aperture openings and shuttle speeds.

    I, too, just started this beginning of this year. If I did not come across Clubsnap, I could have given up after taking the first few shots.

    Since then I have learnt many things after reading the forums here. But still not good enough.
    In fact, I am so bad, until now I can't even post links to show photos here when forumers wanted to see my shots before offered more precise tips to improve.


    Just side track abit.
    Do we have camera hardware exhibitions like PC, HiFi or car shows where all the brands will be under one roof at the same time where consumers able to try or hands on?

    Thank You

    EisMann

  5. #5

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    Any age limits ? Old man already but still young at heart for photography.

  6. #6

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    will there be mentorship programs in other genres of photography too?

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post
    Daredevil123,

    I have read the conditions.
    What about those using semi DSLR? ie able to have limited manual setting to aperture openings and shuttle speeds.

    I, too, just started this beginning of this year. If I did not come across Clubsnap, I could have given up after taking the first few shots.

    Since then I have learnt many things after reading the forums here. But still not good enough.
    In fact, I am so bad, until now I can't even post links to show photos here when forumers wanted to see my shots before offered more precise tips to improve.


    Just side track abit.
    Do we have camera hardware exhibitions like PC, HiFi or car shows where all the brands will be under one roof at the same time where consumers able to try or hands on?

    Thank You

    EisMann
    I think I mentioned mirrorless cameras are also ok. But you need an external flash as well, to be able to do events confidently.

    As for exhibitions/shows, I think it is better to just pop down to some showrooms to try them out. Courts, Harvey Norman also have a lot of display sets. Nikon, Canon and Fuji also have a lot of hands on sets for you to try at their service centers/showrooms.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Any age limits ? Old man already but still young at heart for photography.
    No age limits. But you must be physically fit to be able to shoot fast paced events without any difficulty.

    Quote Originally Posted by yummylatte View Post
    will there be mentorship programs in other genres of photography too?
    We are not sure of that yet. I encourage you to take up some workshops and not wait. You can find them at our Workshops section.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •