Thread: SB700 or SB910

Default SB700 or SB910

Hi,

I need some advise from u. I got a D7000, and would like to buy a flash but dun know with of these 2 flash is better.
    SB700 size small seem gd on D7000 but power not tat good.
    SB910 size maybe too big for D7000 but i heard power is good.

Anyone can share any experience or give any advise =>

Red face SB700 or SB910

Hi,

I need some advise from u. I got a D7000, and would like to buy a flash but dun know with of these 2 flash is better.
    SB700 size small seem gd on D7000 but power not tat good.
    SB910 size maybe too big for D7000 but i heard power is good.

Anyone can share any experience or give any advise =>

Default Re: SB700 or SB910

your question is asking which is a better flash?
    SB910 is a high end flash, so it is better than SB 700 without any doubt,

please rephrase your question and provide more info if you want to know which flash is more suitable for you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Do not post same question across more than one forum, that is consider spamming.
    there won't be any reminder and warning next time.

Thread merged.

4. Spam - We will not tolerate posting of the same message to two or more forums. Any such posts will be merged or deleted and repeated abuse will result in banishment.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/faq.p...vb_faq#faq_tos
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

The SB-910 is obviously more powerful than the SB-700. The former is meant to be superior this way.

If you want more power, then get the SB-910 lah.

(Quick tip: there's something that's even more powerful than the SB-910. It's called the sun.)
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Hello there.

Both flash are good. The SB700 compliments the D7000 very well. The SB700 has all the function that most will ever use with the D7000.

The only difference you will find when compared with the SB910 are

1) Longer cycling time
    2) Lower guide number (less powerful in other words). Only if you intend to shoot far under low light conditions.
    3) Unable to use an external battery pack for even shorter cycling time or extended number of flashes. This is important if you are shooting events for a living.
    4) Limited to remote control of only two groups of flash, when the SB700 is used as a master.

From my experiences you can reduce the SB700 cycling time by using high capacity NiMh batteries, it will have enough juice to shoot continuously 3-5 frames continuously without much dimming.

Other than that there aren't any other big negatives with the SB700.

I have used the SB700 / D7000 combo for many event shots. No trouble with it. Just watch the temperature indicator if you are using it very heavily when shooting in a event.
    Last edited by Light Machinery; 18th September 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Sorry if I borrow your thread, but is there any overheating issue with 910? I used 900 before but it overheated a couple of times not unlike my 700. Maybe because of fast recycling time, I tend to be trigger-happy
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

Due to the higher power of the SB900 & SB 910, both of them heat up at the same rate if you do continuous high power flashes.

The differences:

> SB 900 will let you flash continuously with no reduction in the cycling time until it hits the thermal cut off. Once it hits thermal cut off, the flash is disabled. You will need to replace the thermal cut off flash with a cool unit.

> SB910, the cycling time will increase as the the flash head gets heated up. It still can flash but the cycling time keeps increasing. It is rather annoying if you are at an event shoot, you are shooting at Continous High & the flash is not ready.

> By using an external battery pack reduces the heat build up in the flash head to an extent. The hot batteries are in the external pack.

If you do hit the thermal limits with the Nikon flash, I recommend you to give the Quantum flash a try, they are built to flash all day without any issues.

Hi catchlights sorry about tat, no sure we cannot post 2 place. Thank for the reminder

Hi Light Machinery, thank for the infor. Think I will go for the SB700 :>