Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: is this truth or BS?

I had 2 tuition before. Chinese which I did badly and Maths which I excel and wanted to do better.

For Chinese, I had a teacher that din motive nor encourage, thus tuition was to fill the gap.

For Maths, it's the interest to learn more.

Use tuition sensibly and it's a tool. Use it to just pressure the kid becomes stress. Parents play a role in guiding their kids and giving the support where necessary and should not blindly follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Well, koala is docile and meek. Just need to train it to make tea and to knit.
    Try touching a koala when it's away from a eucalyptus tree. See if it's still docile and meek.

Default Re: is this truth or BS?

not really a necessity but if your child happens to be weak in a subject and got lousy school teacher, and as parents, you can't help him much, then tuition is one option.

Many hardworking/smart students in SG + Limited spots for premium courses in UNI --> competitive --> required to up one's game --> need more help/study materials to gain knowledge and to score better at others during exams --> sign up for tuition for extra courses.

IF a parent choose to drop his/her child out from tuition,
    Less additional materials --> gains relatively less knowledge than counterparts who go for tuition --> ultimately loosing out in this competitive world.

BTW, I know a tuition teacher who tutors a Cabinet Minister's son. Shhh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by annasui View Post
    not really a necessity but if your child happens to be weak in a subject and got lousy school teacher, and as parents, you can't help him much, then tuition is one option.
    This is an old thread from 6 months ago. I think most people forgot about it already. Please move on. Stop digging up threads to up your post count.

Thread closed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345