Thread: Singapore new passport name question.

Default Singapore new passport name question.

Hi everyone, i understand that the new passport number has different number from our IC.
    but how about name? is it same as the old passport, or will they separate first name and last name?

I ask this question because my passport is due for renewal and this evening when i was booking a flight,
    the first name and last name suddently worries me as i not sure what the new passport will show.
    Can someone confirm? I do not want to fill in wrongly when booking flight and deny entry on that day.

What is the name displayed on new passport?

eg:
    Name: Tan Ah Kow (same as old passport)

or
    Name: Ah Kow Tan

or
    First name: Ah kow
    Lastname: Tan

or
    Firstname: Tan
    Lastname: Ah Kow
    Last edited by davidatw; 16th September 2013 at 11:27 PM.
    Canon 7D and 500D | EFS 17-55mm | EFS 10-22 | EF 24-105L | EFS 18-200mm | Sigma 30mm F1.4

Default Re: Singapore new passport name question.

same as IC.

thanks for the reply.
    so the name display on the new passport is the same as old passport?
    no change?
    Canon 7D and 500D | EFS 17-55mm | EFS 10-22 | EF 24-105L | EFS 18-200mm | Sigma 30mm F1.4

unless your name has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    unless your name has changed.
    i google search, some say 'Tan Ah Kow', will become 'Ah Kow Tan' in new passport. guess is no true.

Well, if you still have doubts, speak with the people who issue the passports. Call ICA.

ICA 24-hour Call Centre*# For general enquiries or further clarifications on our products or services, please contact us at 6391 6100

* This is a 24-hour automated answering service for information of our services and procedures requirements. Our Customer Service Officers are available during office hours only.

Quote Originally Posted by davidatw View Post
    Hi everyone, i understand that the new passport number has different number from our IC.
    but how about name? is it same as the old passport, or will they separate first name and last name?

I ask this question because my passport is due for renewal and this evening when i was booking a flight,
    the first name and last name suddently worries me as i not sure what the new passport will show.
    Can someone confirm? I do not want to fill in wrongly when booking flight and deny entry on that day.

What is the name displayed on new passport?

eg:
    Name: Tan Ah Kow (same as old passport)

or
    Name: Ah Kow Tan

or
    First name: Ah kow
    Lastname: Tan

or
    Firstname: Tan
    Lastname: Ah Kow
    Your last name is your family name, that one is clear, so it will be Tan for "Tan Ah Kow".

No worries about filling in flight booking, just make sure you put your family name as last name..

E.g. Charlene Lee: Last name Lee, first name Charlene
    Tan Chuan Jin: Last name Tan, first name Chuan Jin
    Lee Ah Bee: Last name Lee, first name Ah Bee

ICA won't be so bad to change your surname for you.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Your last name is your family name, that one is clear, so it will be Tan for "Tan Ah Kow".

No worries about filling in flight booking, just make sure you put your family name as last name..

E.g. Charlene Lee: Last name Lee, first name Charlene
    Tan Chuan Jin: Last name Tan, first name Chuan Jin
    Lee Ah Bee: Last name Lee, first name Ah Bee

ICA won't be so bad to change your surname for you.
    there are lots of such cases during 50's and 60's, fathers and sons or daughters, have different family names on the birth certs. lol
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    there are lots of such cases during 50's and 60's, fathers and sons or daughters, have different family names on the birth certs. lol

Yar, I know, I know someone who has an uncommon surname, he claims it's because of a spelling error on the birth cert that just got passed on after that.

Yar, I know, I know someone who has an uncommon surname, he claims it's because of a spelling error on the birth cert that just got passed on after that.
    If you know my surname... you will know why Cantonese don't dare to call me my by surname...

"Tiew"
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    If you know my surname... you will know why Cantonese don't dare to call me my by surname...

"Tiew"
    Ooohh super OT: had a teacher with that surname when I was in pri school. We were told to call her Mrs Teoh. She says it's the proper 'translation'. is that correct?
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

So in future renew your passport first before you book a flight online.

Would he be by any chance be a chemistry teacher who teaches a school on the top of a hill?
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM