Thread: Crossing Bridges of Cultures and Friendship!

Blog Entries

Default Crossing Bridges of Cultures and Friendship!

Crossing Bridges is not just a photography event. It is a beginning where friendships are forged between photographers from different countries. While we trudged on despite lack of sleep, early hours, long butt-busting bus rides, glaring sun, intense heat, humidity, rain, ants' nests, we built a very strong spirit of comrade with each other and built friendships that lasts. It is not just about the photos, but the people and the exchange of ideas, culture that matter most.

Here are some shots taken on the streets of HCM city on the day I arrived at this beautiful and bustling city, for CB8.

Last edited by daredevil123; 15th September 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crossing Bridges of Cultures and Friendship!

Crossing bridges is not a vacation. It is more suffering than anything. But while you are suffering from aches and lack of sleep, you get maximum satisfaction from the places and people you see. As well as the fellowship of fellow suffering participants. It is also an event that will push your shooting techniques and skills to the limit. You will have to learn to adapt to situations very fast, learn an eye to spot the extraordinary, and cultivate your spirit of adventure. Of course we all have to learn to MYA (move your ass) when making the shot and then MYAO (move your ass out) after making the shot.

This picture is shot while running behind the fishermen.

Quick shuffling backwards while shooting.

Squatting with the aunties at close range to get the "in-the-middle-of-the-action" shot.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 15th September 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Blog Entries

At Crossing Bridges, we are all sleep deprived. Checking into hotels at 10pm, working on picture selection, PP, sleeping at 1-2am, then waking up at 3-4am to check out to leave for the sunrise. We will catch up on our sleep whenever we can, while in the bus, or while drinking coffee... It is sunrise and sunset everyday, not that we are complaining though...

Climbed up a 2 storey high rock to shoot this scene. Took me 5 mins to get up there... when it is time for me to get down... damn... took me 30mins. It was so freaking high and scary.

Last edited by daredevil123; 15th September 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Blog Entries

In the end, the biggest part of Crossing Bridges for me, is always about the people. The people who went with us on the event and the people we saw during the event.