Thread: exposure compensation in full manual mode

Default exposure compensation in full manual mode

Hi guys I would like to clarify this: if you use manual mode (manual iso, aperture and shutterspeed) , exposure compensation won't affect the brightness of the next image you take if all settings remain constant right? if I'm Not wrong exposure comp is just an indicator and it helps when you're in semi Or full auto mode to vary it's setting to correct the exposure. But since you're in full manual the only thing that changes is the indicator in your viewfinder But the brightness of the your image will remain the same is that true?

Posting because I can't find any threads thank you !

Default Re: exposure compensation in full manual mode

It's just a metering value in manual mode.

Exposure is only affected by the settings you use, not some number on a screen.

what exposure compensation does is alter your camera meter reading, so if the camera is on A, S, P Auto mode, it will affect the exposure, since the camera make the exposure base on the camera meter reading.
    since on manual exposure mode, you set the exposure parameter instead of letting camera decide, so exposure compensation has noting to do except alter the meter reading.

FYI, you can't find anything on this, cause it is too basic.....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    It's just a metering value in manual mode.

Exposure is only affected by the settings you use, not some number on a screen.
    Thanks (:

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    what exposure compensation does is alter your camera meter reading, so if the camera is on A, S, P Auto mode, it will affect the exposure, since the camera make the exposure base on the camera meter reading.
    since on manual exposure mode, you set the exposure parameter instead of letting camera decide, so exposure compensation has noting to do except alter the meter reading.

Thanks. Hahaha I'm clarifying (: better ask stupid questions than Not knowing (:

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Actually was asked before... I searched for "exposure compensation manual mode"

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...on+manual+mode
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

Actually was asked before... I searched for "exposure compensation manual mode"

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...on+manual+mode
    When I search on My mobile all I get was selling threads :O

Quote Originally Posted by AkemiOgre View Post
    When I search on My mobile all I get was selling threads :O
    you want to do search, best is use advanced search, you can limit the search only at particular parameter.

when you use your phone to do search, you can also limit your search to particular sub forum only, like this topic, you can search in General Discussion/General Tech Talk, Newbies Corner, or Equipment Discussions for better results.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio