Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: SLCC : 15th Basic Photography Course

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    Hello Joanne,

    Mervyn here leh. Who's instructing this course ah?
    Hello mervlam, the instructor for this course is Weiliang. He is a very nice guy. Any of your friend want to take up this course? Tell them they will 100% plus chop will learn from him. He had conducted for a few classes, all the feet back are very good, we are very happy that we can have him to help us on this Basic Photography Course.

    Please call him at 97607716(Weiliang), if you want to know more about this course, cause I will be away to Kuantan to visit my sis from Sat night till next Fri I will be back on next Sat morning. Thank you!

  2. #22

    Default

    I want to register for this course, must I come down to make a down payment?

  3. #23

    Default

    Hi Klose,

    You can come down to SLCC to make a deposit of $50 or you can come down on 04/06/05 to make the full payment of $200.

    Call me if you have any enquiries.

    Regards
    Wong Weiliang
    Tel : 9760-7716

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Does your course venture into DSLR? Cos I was using FM2 until about 4 or 5 years ago, and am looking to buy my first DSLR.

    I am looking for a course that teaches the rudiments of digital photography, including proper post-processing. Wondering if yours is the correct one??

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz28
    Hi Klose,

    You can come down to SLCC to make a deposit of $50 or you can come down on 04/06/05 to make the full payment of $200.

    Call me if you have any enquiries.

    Regards
    Wong Weiliang
    Tel : 9760-7716
    Please sign me up for the course, I will make full payment next Sat unless the shop is open tmr

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toto38
    Hello mervlam the instructor for this course is Weiliang. He is a very nice guy. Any of your friend want to take up this course? Tell them they will 100% plus chop will learn from him. He had conducted for a few classes, all the feet back are very good, we are very happy that we can have him to help us on this Basic Photography Course.

    Please call him at 97607716(Weiliang), if you want to know more about this course, cause I will be away to Kuantan to visit my sis from Sat night till next Fri I will be back on next Sat morning. Thank you!
    yah..u sign sign ...weiliang good good instructor....just finish the 13th intake.....

    for this course and the nice instructor

    cheers....

    PS - ello Joanne take care on ur trip......

  7. #27

    Default

    Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
    1) Confirmed
    2) Confirmed
    3) Reserved
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

  8. #28

    Default

    hi. Would like to take up photography as a hobby. But i do not have a slr/dslr camera. Do not have any plans to purchase 1 yet as i just wish to know more about photography before buying 1. Am i able to take up this course ? Would there be any camera provided for the practical shoot ?

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dun tell you ...
    Posts
    170

    Default welcome !

    No worries .... u dun need to get one yet. Welcome to the world of photography !

    Our analogy is very simple. If you can drive a manual car, driving an auto one is a breeze. Similarly, we believe in training you on a FILM SLR - it is provided. Once you learn how to manage one, you may decide to stick to one - just like the rest of us or you may decide to pick up a DSLR eventually. No worries ....get your basics right while we pass you the knowledge, you decide on your equipment later.


    Give Blitz28 a call and he will make the necessary arrangement.


    C ya !

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm
    Does your course venture into DSLR? Cos I was using FM2 until about 4 or 5 years ago, and am looking to buy my first DSLR.

    I am looking for a course that teaches the rudiments of digital photography, including proper post-processing. Wondering if yours is the correct one??
    Dear course organiser,

    I have yet to receive a reply to my queries... In case you have forgotten... Thanks

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm
    Dear course organiser,

    I have yet to receive a reply to my queries... In case you have forgotten... Thanks
    Hi sorry 9mm.....Blitz28 will reply you ASAP!

    BLITZ28........! Must be having an oxygen break...hehe!

  12. #32

    Default

    Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
    1) Confirmed
    2) Confirmed
    3) Confirmed
    4) Reserved
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

  13. #33

    Default

    Hi Everyone,

    The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

    This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 16th Intake for the Basic Photography course.


    Total 4 Lessons
    Below is a brief layout of our lessons

    Lesson 1 ( 02/07/05 ) ( Saturday 9am - 12pm )
    - Introduction to different camera formats
    - Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
    - Lenses
    - Filters
    - Film and ISO rating
    - Maintenance of equipment

    Lesson 2 ( 09/07/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
    - Aperture
    - Shutter Speed
    - Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
    - Exposure
    - Metering System
    - Outdoor Practical 1

    Lesson 3 ( 16/07/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
    - Review of Practical 1
    - Composition
    - Outdoor Practical 2

    Lesson 4 ( 23/07/05 ) ( Saturday 4pm to 7pm )
    - Review of Practical 2
    - Techniques for Night Shoot
    - Outdoor Practical 3

    Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
    Course fee: $200 .
    Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

    Note
    We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

    If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

    At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

    Requirements
    Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

    Contact Person
    For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

    Certificate
    Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

    Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

    End of Course
    At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.[/QUOTE]

  14. #34

    Default

    Will post in a new thread .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •