Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong...

Default Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong...

Normally, I don't think that I will be concerned with something like this, but recently this "newbie" line has been popping up too often at so many threads that it's starting to irk me.

What I'm taking issue with is, if you are unsure or don't know about something, then why write it in the first place? If a newbie really wants to learn about something, all he/she should do is ASK. Not make comments about something and expect somebody else to come along and correct the comment. What if nobody comes along at all? Wouldn't it be misleading to the original thread poster and contribute to his/her confusion?

Even for newbies, I think there is still a need to post and make comments responsibly. I'm not discouraging newbies from participating in thread discussions, it's just that don't let "I'm still a newbie, and I'm still learning..." become too convenient an escape line for avoiding responsibility for your comments.

That's all from me... just a submarine coming to the surface to recharge batteries.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 11th May 2005 at 07:58 PM.

hmmm....maybe those who are really interested to contribute are really unsure lor. like if i had really wanted to help the thread starter regarding his/her problem, but i only have a fraction of the solid knowledge/information that he/she needs, i will just post wadever i noe, and hope it might just enlighten the starter abit.

well, forums are for discussion mah. so u correct me, i correct u, u help me, i help u, we correct & help each other, then can foster a much better learning & friendly online environment here in clubsnap!

i dun think people are actually abusing this "sorry, im a newbie, correct me if im wrong" statment lar... well, if their posts are ridiculously absurd and does not help in wadsoever way, then those can be shot lar.

and i tot i was the only one who noticed thid trend
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Oh, that guy who always asks for model contacts eh? Aiyah he helpdesk agent help also help wrongly, make matters worse.

I can tolerate "I'm still a newbie, and I'm still learning" if he/she is truly a newbie, but not those who have been shooting for a long time and keeps saying that phrase.

i'm an oldie... but i keep pressing the wrong button...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i'm an oldie... but i keep pressing the wrong button...

Some enjoy using that phrase for fear of getting shot down by the less tolerant old birds in the forum, while others simply lack confidence especially when they don't know what they're asking or saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    What I'm taking issue with is, if you are unsure or don't know about something, then why write it in the first place? If a newbie really wants to learn about something, all he/she should do is ASK. Not make comments about something and expect somebody else to come along and correct the comment.
    everything written here is just an opinion

not everyone has the time and effort to please everyone else

but at least the people who post here bother to make known their views, be it asking question or simply making a comment

so..relax and dont take it too seriously

some people are just colour blind and never considered avatar as representation of him/herself and not as him/herself.

Deregistered

Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong, but what's the purpose of this thread?

Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong, but i remembered a quote, "If I have the right to have an opinion, then my opinion is right.". So if my opinion is right, why am I doubting myself? If I doubt myself, then is my opinion right? If my opinion is not right, then why am I spreading the wrong opinion? Now I'm not sure if I'm right or not right.

Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong, errr........nevermind!

am I not right to say that you are negatively not unsure of what you are saying?

i am puzzled too.if they claim themselves to be a newbie, why the post not in the newbies cornor?

..some try to act "cute" or what with that line..
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

one should take the effort to at least try finding the answer 1st.
    not just post and expect ppl to spoon feed.

I'm a NewB. read my signature

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    I'm a NewB. read my signature
    PRO COMMENT!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong, but what's the purpose of this thread?
    Sorry, I'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong, but why can't you see the purpose of this thread?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast