Thread: Sony Nex 3N or Sony Nex 5R

Default Sony Nex 3N or Sony Nex 5R

Hi,

I have always been using a point and shoot digital camera and now I wish to get a new camera. After researching around, I have narrowed down my choice to either Sony Nex 3N or Sony Nex 5R. I am not sure which camera is better. Most of the time, I will only use my camera when I travel around.

Currently, Sony store is selling the Nex 3N with SELP1650 Lens at $749, Nex 5R with SELP1650 Lens at $999 and Nex 5R with SELP1650 Lens and SEL55210 lens at $1299.

Is there any recommendation on which is a better package?

Thanxs!

Default Re: Sony Nex 3N or Sony Nex 5R

Can you afford all packages without thinking? If yes, get the dual lens package and start shooting. If not, follow your budget limit. The other lens will still be available for a while or you can get it a bit cheaper 2nd hand later.
    Compare both cameras in specs and features. Is there a feature of the 5R over the 3N that you absolutely need? If unsure, no harm getting the lower model and learn the basics from there. In a few years your knowledge will grow (I hope so) and many newer models will be in the market. By then you should know what you need.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by babysandy512 View Post
    Hi,

I have always been using a point and shoot digital camera and now I wish to get a new camera. After researching around, I have narrowed down my choice to either Sony Nex 3N or Sony Nex 5R. I am not sure which camera is better. Most of the time, I will only use my camera when I travel around.

Currently, Sony store is selling the Nex 3N with SELP1650 Lens at $749, Nex 5R with SELP1650 Lens at $999 and Nex 5R with SELP1650 Lens and SEL55210 lens at $1299.

Is there any recommendation on which is a better package?

Thanxs!
    What are your needs?

Instant uploads to Facebook via your mobile? Lighter and more stylish? Able to download additional apps? 10FPS shooting? Faster autofocus? Then the 5R is your thing.

But if you don't need any of the above, the 3N will suffice

Default Re: Sony Nex 3N or Sony Nex 5R

I would always go for higher end models that I can afford. In your case... 5R... and if can, I would go NEX-6.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots