Thread: Best massage

Default Best massage

Today got a lot of crap on banal talk. Let me add to this.

Where can you get the best massage in Singapore?

The best I had so far is at the spa at Marriott Hotel. 90 bucks for 50 minutes.

Try doc. *Negotiable* for *Negotiable* mins.

Originally posted by wildhoney
    Try doc. *Negotiable* for *Negotiable* mins.
    Aiya...the experience of doc's massage on you will be 'different' on me lah!

Thumbs up

Try the full body massage in Bali.. absolute heaven for 1 hr plus.

for those needing extra work on stiff muscles, a good massage therapist in Clementi does a great job, but you gotta book in advance.

the ones in spa centres tend to be a tad more expensive..

regards,
    argent2

for me, i would prefer the traditional thai massage in Thailand...very good and professional and most imptly very CHEAP...only S$20 for 45mins....really worth it....
    Last edited by shaann; 11th September 2002 at 10:30 AM.

How about Chinatown? Good ones charged ~$40 for 1 hour of massage.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Goldfinger Traditional Thai massage at Petain Road. forgot the price but IMO it's the best!!! I think it's $35 for 45mins and $65 for 1.5 hrs

ya !!! due to my back posture, certain days I'll get bad backaches and I think I really need a massage to feel better. But I dunno which one to go do, I'm afraid of walking into a "wrong" one where they do other type of activities as well.

is the price is $40 for 30 mins the norm ? or is that expensive ? I see that for backmassage at this japaneses place just next to the ritz carlton at marina.
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by rueyloon
    ya !!! due to my back posture, certain days I'll get bad backaches and I think I really need a massage to feel better. But I dunno which one to go do, I'm afraid of walking into a "wrong" one where they do other type of activities as well.

is the price is $40 for 30 mins the norm ? or is that expensive ? I see that for backmassage at this japaneses place just next to the ritz carlton at marina.
    I think that if you have a back problem, it's better not to go to these massage centres. It could worsen your condition. Sometimes the way they bend your back and all is really scary. And it could especially hurt your lower back. i think seeing a doctor would be a better choice.

My 10 cents worth (my 2 cents are free)....

Default -

any recommendations for those with insomnia problems ?

Default Re: -

Originally posted by victor
    any recommendations for those with insomnia problems ?
    yup....... Lager!!!

btw, there are different types of massage..such as:

1. swedish massage
    2. oriental massage
    3. aromatherapy massage
    4. reflexology
    5. zen shiatsu

personally i prefer the traditional thai massage...just remember to find out more abt how they do the massage before you really go for it...i had a friend who went for swedish massage and it turned out to be a torture and painful experience....

Talking

i tried one at st gregory's spa... very ex but the masseur was a trained doctor from China.

A good masseur may use a combination of the above techniques, but u should always let the masseur know where your injury/sore spots are. And also any significant previous medical history.

personally, i prefer our local 'tie da' type of massage...or acupressure/shiatsu type massage... seems safer to me.

No hard and fast rule to getting a good masseur... but i rely on word-of-mouth referrals.

my three cents worth...

argent2