Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CS = Complain Society

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Why Singaporean love to complain????

There is AN ANSWER for to this...

We have long being TRAINED to ONLY LISTEN and OBEY.. and follow the HEAD.....

As a results, we have been conditioned into a form of SLAVES... that can only take ORDER... or rather... lack of the BALLS to do otherwise...

Look at Hong Kong when they tried to implement laws that will put peoples privacy at risk, and what happen was a MASS PROTEST... and they (the people) KICK their proposal back and let the government know HOW THEY FEEL....

In Singapore... our balls are so TIED up and we can only do the least of all complain, and so call, FEEDBACK...

For goodness sake... try to AIM and shoot at the RIGHT DIRECTION on why we are a Complain Society.. it is due to the HIGH HANDED POLICIES.. that is the problem, and not because people love to...

Remove those laws against freedom of speech, defamation law suits, and so on, and we will be TAKING MORE ACTIONS and lesser complaints....

I am a flame baiter perhaps, but I do LOVE my country, and it really sadden me to see the way it is run.....

We can have different opinion, but when one is constantly rejecting these in favour of their own opinion, perhaps they are SO SO well feed... and do not know the feeling is like when you try keeping your head about the water....

Typical Singaporean attitudes, is like this I suppose........

So you'll prefer to live in a place where everyone just go on streets protest, or even riots as and when they feel like it?

Btw, what do you love in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Tongue-in-cheek my friend, suggest you take it as such. I actually think there are plenty of things to complain about, lack of political freedom and the hegemony of the GLCs chief amongst them. BUT, if you want to be effective, you/we need to complain about the right things and in the right way. Cinema tickets?? Good grief, no wonder the *** laugh us out of town.....
    Cinema ticket... mmm... it is a spill over effect, and once you are so used to complaining... you will complain at every instance..... so... it is due to the FACT that the people have no longer the capacity to DO ANYTHING but complain....

But when I was refering to complaining, I am not refering to these minor issues... but this can be analyse in another way.... if you want to.....

Why they complain of cinema ticket rise??? Simply due to the RISING cost in Singapore... and one of the people's past time.... mind you... it is quiet a lot of money involved when they rise price... to the consumer... assuming a family of 4 go and watch a show.... how much will it cost you???? Plus tickets, plus drinks, plus tibits......

All this will be FELT HARD by the consumers, and that is why there is displeasure... but only thing not UP.. PAY.. what else???

Economy is GOOD??? So can have price hike?? What reasoning is this???

These all shows that the authorities are not doing much to ensure consumer are not exploited by these mercenaries, and in fact, they also form part of it.....

And how can you trust them anymore???
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    So you'll prefer to live in a place where everyone just go on streets protest, or even riots as and when they feel like it?

Btw, what do you love in the country?
    I only compare to Hong Kong street MASS PROTEST that was PEACEFUL, and that have no effect on their economy at all... and it is also, prove that PROTEST need not be bloody, violent, and will hurt the economy..... In fact, Hong Kong economy is GROWING much better than us.........

Basically, most of us in Singapore have already been conditioned that we do not know what REALLY is human right... guess most of us here know that as long as we keep our toes in line, we will be fine....

My home land, and I love it.. where my families is here... and where I grow up.... however, with so much import of Foreign Talent here... I am already feeling I am a mere tourist here....

Top 4 complaints in the last 12 months:

1) Complaining about other complaints

2) MRT fare hike

3) Movie ticket price hike

4) Starhub Cable Sports Channel price hike

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    I only compare to Hong Kong street MASS PROTEST that was PEACEFUL, and that have no effect on their economy at all... and it is also, prove that PROTEST need not be bloody, violent, and will hurt the economy..... In fact, Hong Kong economy is GROWING much better than us.........

Basically, most of us in Singapore have already been conditioned that we do not know what REALLY is human right... guess most of us here know that as long as we keep our toes in line, we will be fine....

My home land, and I love it.. where my families is here... and where I grow up.... however, with so much import of Foreign Talent here... I am already feeling I am a mere tourist here....
    Majority of singaporeans are so damm realistic group of people. give them a few dollars and they will vote for you. human right? forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng
    Majority of singaporeans are so damm realistic group of people. give them a few dollars and they will vote for you. human right? forget it.
    Hahaha...... you are right..... no need to do anything also... just distribute some of their OWN money to THEM only some more.... sigh......

I think I've heard enough complains already.

Nobody likes to be exploited by others, that's when complains come about.

I think most of us would not like to see living expenses increasing but no increased in salary. It's just human nature. You see it in other countries as well, not only in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlim
    Nobody likes to be exploited by others, that's when complains come about.

I think most of us would not like to see living expenses increasing but no increased in salary. It's just human nature. You see it in other countries as well, not only in singapore.
    Actually, in other country.... the workersstill have a FUNCTIONAL UNION, fighting for their rights.......

Singaporeans love to complain mah. I'm proud to be a Singaporean.

Top 3 complaints in the last 12 months:

1) MRT fare hike

2) Movie ticket price hike

3) Starhub Cable Sports Channel price hike

Any more?
    4) no refund from NKF for past donations

5) no apology from mrs peanuts
    Last edited by zaren; 15th July 2005 at 06:28 PM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

not forgetting that most of us earn less than "peanuts"

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    Actually.. complaining is a typical Singaporean attitude due to our suppressed lifestyle
    Suppressed by who? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Hush hush..cannot say!!

If dun complain, how to know good or bad?

If dun complain, how to know you are unhappy?

If dun complain, how to know where to fix?

If dun complain, newspapers sell har mi?

My 'peanut' thought,

7) Complain about moderators....
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    7) Complain about moderators....

Top 3 complaints in the last 12 months:

1) MRT fare hike

2) Movie ticket price hike

3) Starhub Cable Sports Channel price hike

Any more?
    4) Our lack of salary hike

Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    This is a famous excuse to shut up the people. Protest is just a sign something is not going right....no government is perfect, if you get what I mean.

Everybody makes mistakes, it is just that you need to know when you go wrong.....and thats what protest are for.

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Typical sign of a happy man! :-)

HS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast