Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22742475051525354576277 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1915

Thread: Sentosa Thread X (.....here comes the X series of this thread.)

  1. #1021
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    its gonna be replacement, not repair already
    hope they dun use e opportunity to exploit u sia...

  2. #1022
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    hope they dun use e opportunity to exploit u sia...
    well i stick to day photography loh...see when im rich then consider changing the CCD loh *pray pray dont have to change*, actually kinda stupid of me also. If i know its hot pixels then i might as well dont send for service and change the CCD, save the $$

  3. #1023
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    well i stick to day photography loh...see when im rich then consider changing the CCD loh *pray pray dont have to change*, actually kinda stupid of me also. If i know its hot pixels then i might as well dont send for service and change the CCD, save the $$
    they charge $160 for e service?
    time for new toy
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  4. #1024
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    they charge $160 for e service?
    time for new toy
    yeah man...new toy? no lah..not gonna be any new toy for a long long time to come

  5. #1025
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    yeah man...new toy? no lah..not gonna be any new toy for a long long time to come
    $160 wat did they even do... run test program & clean yr CCD only!
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  6. #1026
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    $160 wat did they even do... run test program & clean yr CCD only!
    as according to them CCD cleaning, re-calibration, test and checks loh...

  7. #1027
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    $160 to confirm the hot pixel prob is too ex.
    i feel yr pain bro.

  8. #1028
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    $160 to confirm the hot pixel prob is too ex.
    i feel yr pain bro.
    well actually its high time to send my cam for servicing. Since the hot pixel problem came at the same time, I got them to check it out but they said no problems and just needed some re-calibrations. Collected the cam, came home and tested it - same hot pixel problem!

  9. #1029
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    good $$ for them siah!
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  10. #1030
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    in case u all missed my panning shots on evo launch.

  11. #1031
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    good $$ for them siah!
    anyway im gonna send in after i come back from my trip and see what can they do

  12. #1032
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    anyone knows how to take good photos of buildings in cbd area?
    i'll be building a website for my sis company and i'm thinking of shooting office buildings.
    which building is the best for shooting? lots of glass and nice design?
    how to go about shooting?

  13. #1033
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    anyone knows how to take good photos of buildings in cbd area?
    i'll be building a website for my sis company and i'm thinking of shooting office buildings.
    which building is the best for shooting? lots of glass and nice design?
    how to go about shooting?
    check out the new national library loh...
    you need a WA for architechture...

  14. #1034
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    hmmm... its not ready yet right?
    will there be implications if i use these photos i took?

    i only have 28mm (42mm) for my dslr. my A1 has true 28mm and my fuji f10 has 36mm.

    just came to my mind, if i'm not wrong, airport also nice right? after you got off the mrt station, got a lot of glass i think...
    but will shooting there get me into trouble?

  15. #1035
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    hmmm... its not ready yet right?
    will there be implications if i use these photos i took?

    i only have 28mm (42mm) for my dslr. my A1 has true 28mm and my fuji f10 has 36mm.
    hmmm you had better check, else every single building will have implications leh...
    I personally prefer WA that will cause distortion to buildings..else at least show some perspectives

  16. #1036
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    anyone knows how to take good photos of buildings in cbd area?
    i'll be building a website for my sis company and i'm thinking of shooting office buildings.
    which building is the best for shooting? lots of glass and nice design?
    how to go about shooting?
    buildings?? boy ho boy...here come the use of the ND filters!! u need to get those !!
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  17. #1037
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    well actually its high time to send my cam for servicing. Since the hot pixel problem came at the same time, I got them to check it out but they said no problems and just needed some re-calibrations. Collected the cam, came home and tested it - same hot pixel problem!
    I think that service centre did not fix yr hot pixel problem at all!! they only did normal cleaning ........
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  18. #1038
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    I think that service centre did not fix yr hot pixel problem at all!! they only did normal cleaning ........
    that what i think so too...
    im gonna bring it back anyway...3 mths warranty mah..

  19. #1039
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    buildings?? boy ho boy...here come the use of the ND filters!! u need to get those !!
    i'm shooting buildings, not sky. building shots will not be including the sky.
    even if i want, i'll be taking 2 shots with diff metering.

    think i'll be using my A1, as it has the L-angle VF.
    Last edited by Drudkh; 16th May 2005 at 11:18 PM.

  20. #1040
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    that what i think so too...
    im gonna bring it back anyway...3 mths warranty mah..
    when u bring back, u tell them they made the situation worse? actually not much hot pixels, but after you service liao, becomes so many...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •