Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417223762 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1915

Thread: Sentosa Thread X (.....here comes the X series of this thread.)

  1. #221
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    scare of getting "bomb"...
    we are fast moving thread u know.. later dun know get lost.
    why scared kena bomb?
    everyone is entitled to their own comments, but it is up the receiving end to weight the accuracy & validity of the statement.

  2. #222
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    honestly speaking, if one post his/her shots, he/she must be willing to take whatever comments that people make.

    There will be bound to have people who will critique bluntly.
    So if one cannot take it, DO NOT post.

    Otherwise, suck it up & deal with it.
    Simple as that.

    Y post then cannot take the comments, reply to whine & b!tch about it?
    Come on bro relax... he a newbie.. must be forgiving... newbie here???/

    huh? who's newbie?
    Last edited by jnet6; 12th May 2005 at 10:27 AM.

  3. #223
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    Come on bro relax... he a newbie.. must be forgiving...
    as my learning curve was at the opposite..... lucky him.

  4. #224
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    Come on bro relax... he a newbie.. must be forgiving...
    its not that.
    i just feel he wants to be praised & cannot take negative feedback.

    also what kinda threat is it to leave just bcoz of those comments.
    leave, leave lor.
    dun need to threaten.

  5. #225
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    its not that.
    i just feel he wants to be praised & cannot take negative feedback.

    also what kinda threat is it to leave just bcoz of those comments.
    leave, leave lor.
    dun need to threaten.
    ai ya.. no choice.. since he wants gd comments... then give loh.

  6. #226
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    It's not that he wants good comments, he wants comments that are straight to the point, explains everything without him having to think.

  7. #227
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    ai ya.. no choice.. since he wants gd comments... then give loh.
    then thats being plain childish.

    if one dares to post, one should dare to face the comments gicen whatever it maybe.
    good or bad.

    period

  8. #228
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    well, for the benefit of all those ghosting in here...

    to be fair, some people are bombing our noob unnecessarily and mercilessly. dat said, he's either (a) too dense to realise why people are bombing him, or (b) too naive and think people are praising him. if he's out looking for a sayang and pat on the back... tough.

    the funny thing was dat at NUG last week, i was (jokingly, i must say) predicting dat we will see pics from him shot at f10... not bad, i missed by 1.5 stops.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  9. #229
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    then thats being plain childish.

    if one dares to post, one should dare to face the comments gicen whatever it maybe.
    good or bad.

    period
    and that thread is distracting me from my work...

  10. #230
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It's not that he wants good comments, he wants comments that are straight to the point, explains everything without him having to think.
    then like that.. u teach him.
    he pay u gd $$$. loh..
    gd lobang rite? since u later on got time.

  11. #231
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    well, for the benefit of all those ghosting in here...

    to be fair, some people are bombing our noob unnecessarily and mercilessly. dat said, he's either (a) too dense to realise why people are bombing him, or (b) too naive and think people are praising him. if he's out looking for a sayang and pat on the back... tough.

    the funny thing was dat at NUG last week, i was (jokingly, i must say) predicting dat we will see pics from him shot at f10... not bad, i missed by 1.5 stops.
    hmm.. next we "guess" wat's his next f-stop he will use for his next shoot?????
    Last edited by jnet6; 12th May 2005 at 10:43 AM.

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Good Morning folks... guess a lot of things happen while i am sleeping huh.. .

  13. #233
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    i'm a newbie, correct me if I'm wrong, but you guys want to fast forward the threads right?

    ThreadCount++;

    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  14. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Hmm ...

    Before i started posting also, i daren't anyhow post. After going through the various sections... i also noticed this trend where one is either praised or condemned to hell. Hence I daren't post shots much especially in the different sections unless necessary. Everyone's out to learn, but to learn to accept criticisms, advice and learn.

  15. #235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    and the ironic thing is he actually tot omg was ... him.
    but good also la, he reply like that, even e omg also stunned i think...

  16. #236
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Ya.. good morning!
    go read his thread in P&P.

  17. #237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    Ya.. good morning!
    go read his thread in P&P.
    roger... going to spend some time there now..

  18. #238
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Hmm ...

    Before i started posting also, i daren't anyhow post. After going through the various sections... i also noticed this trend where one is either praised or condemned to hell. Hence I daren't post shots much especially in the different sections unless necessary. Everyone's out to learn, but to learn to accept criticisms, advice and learn.
    I think he should learn from u... DA ZC?

  19. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    I don't know ... but somehow before i start posting in any forums .. i observe the trend and try to abide by it.

    Comments are welcome, be it postive or negative you have to take it in your stride and move on. C'mon ... i mean there are quite a few graphic designers lurking around here... they should know how they feel when the Creative directors throw their whole night's creation into their faces and tell them bluntly that its CRAP! ... You have to swallow it and go back to redo. Simple. Its a vicious cycle of learning. Nothing comes easy.

  20. #240
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    then like that.. u teach him.
    he pay u gd $$$. loh..
    gd lobang rite? since u later on got time.

    Sorry hor, I haven't reach the stage I can teach. Sharing is not an issue, but teaching is for those who are professional, I still learning, give me another 4-6 years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •