Thread: Need advice for CF card reader

Default Need advice for CF card reader

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this question has been ask here, is there any recommended dedicated CF card reader that is more reliable than those cheap ones. As the Multi card reader that I was using before can't read the CF card from my DSLR.

I also don't want to spoil the CF card that's why I need a reliable reader. Thanks in advance for the help guys

Cheers.

Default Re: Need advice for CF card reader

I strongly recommend the ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader by SanDisk (http://www.sandisk.sg/products/memor...in-one-usb-30/).

Changed a couple of cheap ones and finally settled down with this one.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

The sandisk one.

It's what pops up in every search result. Don't apologize, search first next time. Apologizing first does not excuse you from ignoring the terms of use.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I strongly recommend the ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader by SanDisk (http://www.sandisk.sg/products/memor...in-one-usb-30/).

Changed a couple of cheap ones and finally settled down with this one.
    Hi Sky Thanks for the prompt and good recommendation Good response from a senior member

Quote Originally Posted by gpdarkviper View Post
    Hi Guys,

Apologies if this question has been ask here, is there any recommended dedicated CF card reader that is more reliable than those cheap ones. As the Multi card reader that I was using before can't read the CF card from my DSLR.

I also don't want to spoil the CF card that's why I need a reliable reader. Thanks in advance for the help guys

Cheers.
    Have been using this USB 2.0 card reader for a very very long time.

During Comex, i believe it sold for $11.90 a piece. The largest CF card i use is 64GB so the transfer speed is still good enough for me.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Some cameras have a mini-USB port which can connect directly to the PC and make the camera a really, really expensive card reader. But it works.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

I'm using above shown Kingston as well. Works like a charm for many years. Transfer speed is fine, since I import straight into LR with DNG conversion the transfer speed is less relevant, the process of conversion and preview generation takes more time anyway.
    EOS

I believe you can hook up most cameras straight to your PC, if you urgently need to transfer any files.

If not, lots of folks favor Sandisk card readers. I use a generic one and that works fine too. It depends on what you want lor.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Been using transcend and buffalo ones. So far so good.