Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OM 90mm macro brief encounter

yes, u r right. the extra reach from 90mm definitely comes in very handy.

the owner & i both agree that the ZD50 is still superior. really haven't seen such excellent quality glass for a very very very long time.

now waiting to see how the ZD 100mm is priced. lets hope Oly drop the ZD50 price & the new ZD 100 is priced at where the ZD50 is.

yeah i know, fat chance...

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    yes, u r right. the extra reach from 90mm definitely comes in very handy.

the owner & i both agree that the ZD50 is still superior. really haven't seen such excellent quality glass for a very very very long time.

now waiting to see how the ZD 100mm is priced. lets hope Oly drop the ZD50 price & the new ZD 100 is priced at where the ZD50 is.

yeah i know, fat chance...
    What is the extra advantage of the ZD 100mm compare to ZD50mm with a EX-25 Entension Tube?

How much do you really think they will reduce the ZD 50mm and price the ZD 100mm?

cheers.... to Buy, buy, buy .............

Quote Originally Posted by kktan

What is the extra advantage of the ZD 100mm compare to ZD50mm with a EX-25 Entension Tube?

How much do you really think they will reduce the ZD 50mm and price the ZD 100mm?

Using 100mm and tube will give you ability to shoot the subject from a distance than what you usually do with the 50mm. zd100 will be around 1500-1800sgd if we look at the pricing trend by oly.

Quote Originally Posted by bariq
    Using 100mm and tube will give you ability to shoot the subject from a distance than what you usually do with the 50mm. zd100 will be around 1500-1800sgd if we look at the pricing trend by oly.
    WAH!!! So EX...... Hope they do listen to us and price it cheaper.

Does mounting the tube to the 50mm or 100mm affect the F-Stop setting than without it?

aiehh yeah....I want to buy buy buy but i'm only a student so money no have have have....

i still have yet to own a prime lense

the extra reach, ie, stand further away from the subject to prevent scarring them away. if i m not mistaken, adding an ext tube will only get u closer to the subject with bigger magnification. i hope they drop the ZD50 to $700 & the new ZD100 at $1k.

well, if the tube is not too long, there shudn't be any drop in F stops. basic science:

if the cylinder of lens or tube remains the same diameter constant throughout the long length, the smaller the other end when u peak thru it. now u know why those constant F stop lens is so huge at the front. u need a cone shape like to maintain big constant F stop.

hope this clear some doubts.

WAH!!! So EX...... Hope they do listen to us and price it cheaper.

Does mounting the tube to the 50mm or 100mm affect the F-Stop setting than without it?

Mounting the lens onto a tube doesnt drop any F stop, as the tube is hollow and doesnt have any glass elements inside but only air, so as long the tube is not looooonnnggggg no drop in fstop.

actually for yrs, OM has been making the best macro system ... the 90/f2 stands out as the best of the best...but that was in the 1980~90s, not sure about now. macro especially for scientific uses in the lab.

i bought one for 600+USD in the ebay ... can go try your luck.

weighs ~550gm, heavy.... but it's been my regular since i got it abt 2 yrs ago.

If you ever have the chance to do side by side comparisons of the SAME subject taken under the same exact conditions and settings on Kodachrome 25, it would be like Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses vs. Zenzanon lenses. Some from one brand are slightly better than the other, and vice-versa.

Popular Photography (Petersen Publications) did a side by side of Nikkors and Zuikos in the 80's. I still have the original article.

If you had the pleasure to do this test with CONTAX Zeiss lenses and Zuikos, you would be very, very very pleasantly surprised!

Also, did you know that the OM system and zuiko lenses were the 'chosen' weapons by more modern Magnum photographers? Not Canon and not Nikon, which dominated the world of photojournalism and reportage by huge margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau
    Also, did you know that the OM system and zuiko lenses were the 'chosen' weapons by more modern Magnum photographers? Not Canon and not Nikon, which dominated the world of photojournalism and reportage by huge margins.
    Hi,

What is modern Magnum photography? What do they do? Thanks!!!

Hi,

What is modern Magnum photography? What do they do? Thanks!!!

they gun u down with big guns .

Quote Originally Posted by Feinwerkbau
    If you ever have the chance to do side by side comparisons of the SAME subject taken under the same exact conditions and settings on Kodachrome 25, it would be like Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses vs. Zenzanon lenses. Some from one brand are slightly better than the other, and vice-versa.

Popular Photography (Petersen Publications) did a side by side of Nikkors and Zuikos in the 80's. I still have the original article.

If you had the pleasure to do this test with CONTAX Zeiss lenses and Zuikos, you would be very, very very pleasantly surprised!

thx for the info.

unfortunately, i only have Nikkors & the OM 90 is a dream to own. wanting to get the adapter for Zeiss but the lens i wanted (100mm macro) is just sooo very very difficult to get.

if somebody keen to test lenses, i m all game for it. just pop me a PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12