View Poll Results: How many members use graphics tablets?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, using a graphics tablet for digital workflow.

20 58.82%
  • No, only use mouse and no plans to get tablet.

5 14.71%
  • No, using mouse but considering tablet in future.

9 26.47%

Thread: How many members use graphics tablet in their digital workflow?

Blog Entries

Question How many members use graphics tablet in their digital workflow?

Just a quick poll to see how many members are using graphics tablet in their digital photography workflow.

Maybe I'm just not used to it but I've tried using a Wacom tablet at my previous workplace and I'm much slower using that when doing editing as compared to using a mouse.

My personal opinion is that a tablet is more suited for people doing drawings and illustration. Photo editing work? Keyboard and mouse works much better. It's very hard to use shortcuts on the keyboard when using the tablet.

Well..its a little tricky to get used to the tablet for the first time users. My advice is try to use it as a mouse first. Then once you get used to it, you'll be happy.

And for photoediting, its very useful. especially dealing with layer masks in photoshop, as well as other tools like burn, dodge, etc. Pressure sensitivte tablets are highly recommended.

My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by waiaung
    Well..its a little tricky to get used to the tablet for the first time users. My advice is try to use it as a mouse first. Then once you get used to it, you'll be happy.

And for photoediting, its very useful. especially dealing with layer masks in photoshop, as well as other tools like burn, dodge, etc. Pressure sensitivte tablets are highly recommended.

Double that....and do a little hand painting in Painter

Still struggling with my old wacom tablet...

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Still struggling with my old wacom tablet...
    What do u mean by struggling?
    Last edited by togu; 11th May 2005 at 03:57 PM.

I really would like to get a tablet, but I think my physical workspace doesn't allow it anymore
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Quote Originally Posted by firestone
    What do u mean by struggling?
    Cos i hate the xy*****%&^( tablet for taking up so much space, and difficult to use, but still have to use it cos I already paid for it.

Just to ask, do you guys find the mouse attachment for the Wacom tablets more sensitive than those "hi end" mice (ie, Razor Diamondbacks)?

I've managed to try a Intuos 3 tablet for some masking work, and although it's much easier to control compared to a mouse, I can't get used to it. When it comes to less options that require less precision (ie, Bezier curves), I find the mouse easier to manipulate.

Anyone knows what's a good size? IMHO the 6x8" is a tad too big for me.

Cos i hate the xy*****%&^( tablet for taking up so much space, and difficult to use, but still have to use it cos I already paid for it.
    LOL!!

Guess it just takes getting used to..
    I oso swear that a mouse is just as good when I started doing DI and would switch back to it whenever I'm not airbrushing and perhaps when pathing.
    But it becomes handy once you get the hang of it.

Smile Yes....

Cannot live without my Wacom (if no Intuos, Graphite will work also)

i use my tablet for design and dwg purposes, if i were to manipulate the photo den id be using my tablet. i prefer to use mouse and keyboard shortcuts sometimes
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

Haha! That makes two of us. i gave up after a few tries. Table no space. And just can't get used to it. i even tried using it for Counterstrike. Ended up spinning round and round with the slightest move of the pen.

Maybe some kind soul can conduct a 'tablet tutorial'. Just to show and familarise others with the tablet way of working.

is tablet pc the better way to do editing?

I can't live without one. You can take away my mouse but you have to prise my tablet from my cold dead hands..

Quote Originally Posted by ibs
    I can't live without one. You can take away my mouse but you have to prise my tablet from my cold dead hands..
    I can't live without either of them. Tablet is hard to double click.

Anyone here beside me thinks the eraser end is totally useless ?...

Come to tink of it, it'll probably be more useful if it's an actual pen nip! haha..