Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Anyone had Colon Endoscopy before?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,252

    Default

    believe it or not i am going to view one being done tomorrow! Sounds like fun. Over here, they just use KY.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szekiat
    believe it or not i am going to view one being done tomorrow! Sounds like fun. Over here, they just use KY.
    Hey don't forget to bring a camera. Flickr-ers await your uploads with bated breath.

  3. #23

    Default

    i did mine in 2003..i tink u mean colonoscopy la... erhm....u have to purge the night before if i dun remember wrongly... and muz do it properly....coz i didnt....and was scoulded by the doctor during the process ahaha.....

    anestetic was supposed to make me sleep...buten i was awake and staring at the screen and talking to the doctor all the way ahha...

    slight discomfort...buten ok one...

    cheers....

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    pardon my ignorance.

    y does one need to go through Endoscopy?
    Wat is it for?

    Sorry ah, I really dunno.
    Paiseh.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Near Tampines MRT
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    pardon my ignorance.

    y does one need to go through Endoscopy?
    Wat is it for?

    Sorry ah, I really dunno.
    Paiseh.
    The main reasons for a colonscopy is for:

    1. Evaluation of unexplained gastrointestinal bleeding.
    2. Evaluation of chronic constipation or a change in bowel habits in a person over 40 years of age.
    3. Evaluation of chronic diarrhoea.
    4. Evaluation of unexplained iron deficiency anaemia.
    5. Screening or surveillance for colonic neoplasia.
    6. Evaluation of an abnormality on barium enema that is likely to be clinically significant.
    7. To assess activity or guide management in inflammatory bowel disease.
    8. Search for a primary growth in a patient with metastatic malignant disease.
    9. Unexplained elevation of CEA.

    Mine is because I was diagnosed with diverticular disease near the cecum earlier.

  6. #26
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carllim
    Mine is because I was diagnosed with diverticular disease near the cecum earlier.
    sorry to hear about that.

    thanks for the explaination sir

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carllim
    The main reasons for a colonscopy is for:

    1. Evaluation of unexplained gastrointestinal bleeding.
    2. Evaluation of chronic constipation or a change in bowel habits in a person over 40 years of age.
    3. Evaluation of chronic diarrhoea.
    4. Evaluation of unexplained iron deficiency anaemia.
    5. Screening or surveillance for colonic neoplasia.
    6. Evaluation of an abnormality on barium enema that is likely to be clinically significant.
    7. To assess activity or guide management in inflammatory bowel disease.
    8. Search for a primary growth in a patient with metastatic malignant disease.
    9. Unexplained elevation of CEA.

    Mine is because I was diagnosed with diverticular disease near the cecum earlier.
    Wah! Your answer very clinical leh! Are you in the medical profession?

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Near Tampines MRT
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    Wah! Your answer very clinical leh! Are you in the medical profession?
    No lah, pinched from some medical webby.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    If u guys think endoscopy of the colon is bad, try the ear.

    The tube juz goes thru ur NOSTRIL and u feel da tube wiggering inside ur head whilst u're fully awake.

    No KO drugs. Juz some nose drops to dilate ur nostrils.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •