Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Point-and-Shoot or Mirrorless ?

Default Re: Point-and-Shoot or Mirrorless ?

Quote Originally Posted by lolandra View Post
    hahaha.... i jus realised the mistake. oops

ok, after much researching (pending hands-on), its going to be either panasonic Lumix GF6 or Sony Nex-5T or Sony RX100 II. But since Sony RX100 II seems to be expensive, so left with two choices.

Now just need to pop down to shop to see the real things before heading to SITEX end of this month to get it.

Any opinions are still welcome.
    Although this post: IT Show Good Place To Buy Camera? - Answers Here(http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1047612) is stickied, but I think many still missed it.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Now just need to pop down to shop to see the real things before heading to SITEX end of this month to get it.
    Search the forum for 'SITEX' (and the other '-EXes that happen during a year) to see the general opinion about them.
    If you want to check the camera then head down to reputable camera shops or department stores. Get a hands-on there to see what fits your hands, literally. Once you are set you can ask the camera shops for e-quotes, that usually the best price and they honor the quote for 7 days.
    In addition: read up about grey models, shop warranty vs local warranty and the insurance packages that some department stores offer. Important when comparing prices.
    EOS

ok, after much researching (pending hands-on), its going to be either panasonic Lumix GF6 or Sony Nex-5T or Sony RX100 II. But since Sony RX100 II seems to be expensive, so left with two choices.

SITEX? Really? You feel like spending more money than getting at a reputable shop?
    Alpha

Hey, thanks for pointing out. A lot of friends and colleagues keep telling me get during SITEX so had that impression that I can get better deals there.

Will check out the retailers shop on deals. thanks.

Hey, thanks for pointing out. A lot of friends and colleagues keep telling me get during SITEX so had that impression that I can get better deals there.

People in SG usually think an IT show means better deals. This usually is only true for ISP deals.
    Alpha

can second Rashkae on that during Sitex/Comex or whatever 'mex', the best is to is download all the brochures, pick out the promos and go to Funan and ask them to match. This has never failed me and u'll be surprised at that u may get even better deals while beating the crazy crowds.

If its only between the GF6 and the Nex 5-T, i'll definitely pick the Nex without a moment's hesitation But that's my personal experience. Do go to the shops and try both before committing. all e best

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisjadetay View Post
    Hi lolandra,

Your budget around $600+ , then maybe you can try look into olympus Ep3, now they having promotion 14-42 mm kit lens, free 17mm f2.8 lens plus extra battery.
    I bought one few week ago, the image look good.( Am using nikon D7000. Cos of the weight for traveling I decided to buy a smaller camera. the Ep 3 with the price now is very good buy.)
    Maybe u can try to read out the review first .

Hope these give u a little help..
    I totally second this !!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    If max 600+. Yes EP3. Very easy to use. A no stress camera. Reasonably good pics.
    But the Sony RX100 (old model) may be on offer. US$553 on Amazon. Heard Hong Kong can get for Sing $650. New. Not second hand.
    I totally second this too.

With a budget of $600, you should really consider getting the Olympus EP-3 or the EPL-3. These are very good camera, and are lightweight and portable. You can use these camera with a large range of lenses. If you take more photos in dark condition, you can save up to buy faster lenses in the future.

Do you need them to be pocketable? As in jeans pockets?
    If so, even pancake lenses on mirroless (except Pentax Q system) would be a stretch.
    So that'll narrow down your choices depending on how portable you need it to be.

Hello, first of all, thank you for all the suggestions and opinions given.

I have bought the Sony NEX-3N with 16-50mm lens from Cathay Photo (MS) at S$699. The bundle includes a carrying bag, 16GB memory card, neck strap, camera jacket. PWP of spare battery at $19.

Will I get better deal at SITEX, not very sure but I'm very certain that I didn't have to fight with the crowd. Plus the sales person was very patient to answer my questions.
    Last edited by lolandra; 20th November 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Plus the sales person was very patient to answer my questions.
    This is customer service as it should be. Thank you for honoring this with your purchase.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12