Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend Camera

Quote Originally Posted by y1n9y1n9 View Post
    the nex 5r doesnt come with zoom right?
    if to achieve the zoom of e.g. 15-20x how much would the lens cost?

i did have a powerbank but its troublesome to lug around the camera with the hanging charger
    The nex 5r comes with a 16-50 lens. 16-50 is about 3x "zoom". They have another kit that comes with the 55-200 as well. Please note that "zoom" is a meaningless marketing gimmick. What is important is that you understand focal length.

For example, a 10mm - 20mm super wide angle lens is 2x zoom. But a 200mm-400mm super telephoto is *also* 2x zoom.
    Alpha

Default Re: Recommend Camera

the nex 5r doesnt come with zoom right?
    if to achieve the zoom of e.g. 15-20x how much would the lens cost?

i did have a powerbank but its troublesome to lug around the camera with the hanging charger
    I don't think there is a 15-2xx lens right now. The most you could get is a 18-200mm lens for Sony's NEX as for the price, I am not sure. But if you buy NEX5 with 18-200mm kit, then I guess the price would be more than 1k.

Another option you could look at is getting a Nikon J1 or J2. For the J2 with a two lens combo - 10-30mm (equivalent of 27-81mm) and 30-110mm (equivalent of 81-297mm) at SRP S$799 (which can be have at lower price by our recommended store).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

I don't think there is a 15-2xx lens right now. The most you could get is a 18-200mm lens for Sony's NEX as for the price, I am not sure. But if you buy NEX5 with 18-200mm kit, then I guess the price would be more than 1k.

Another option you could look at is getting a Nikon J1 or J2. For the J2 with a two lens combo - 10-30mm (equivalent of 27-81mm) and 30-110mm (equivalent of 81-297mm) at SRP S$799 (which can be have at lower price by our recommended store).
    The 18-200mm is about 1299 rrp.
    And 200/18 makes it 11.1 x "zoom"
    Alpha

the focal lens is quite complicated for my understanding as basically i'm only using auto function most of the time

the mentioned nikon doesnt have a flip screen

the focal lens is quite complicated for my understanding as basically i'm only using auto function most of the time
    the mentioned nikon doesnt have a flip screen
    We have a sticky newbies guide for the basics, 'focal length' is explained as well. You should have a look, many smaller cameras refer to e.g. "28mm equivalent" although the lens itself has a different technical specification. Only the equivalent value of focal length will tell you what you get. Zoom and other fancy stuffs is meaningless marketing gibberish.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12