Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you go for camera rental just to have a feel of the model before buying it?

Default Re: Will you go for camera rental just to have a feel of the model before buying it?

If you have plans to rent a camera that you already shortlisted to buy - it means you are psychologically predisposed to LIKING it.
    During rental trial period somehow you will find a reason to like it and ignore any potential problems.

No solution is perfect, unless someone let u test the equipment to death for free. Just do what u are confortable with.

Default Re: Will you go for camera rental just to have a feel of the model before buying it?

Renting to try out is a great idea, especially for the more expensive models. But try to borrow 1st la, u will realize there are really pple here kind enough to allow u to try out their stuffs for a while. I've met them, so will u.

Too few people really try before buying nowadays hence why you see so many 'few day old' sets in B n S haha. Trust me, after this Comex today, u will definitely see someone selling some 'few day old' sets.

True one may be predisposed to overlook any bad things during rental period but i've been thru experiences where the renting helped me save money where I was clear the camera's ergonomics/ usage pattern didn't suit my needs. 1 life example: I cannot bring myself to use 'electronic zoom' (u know the type where u push a knob to left or right to zoom?) , I am too used to using 'manual zoom' when a simple twist of the lens is all I need and this was something that pushed me off from buying the RX100MKI even though its a great camera producing great images. I wasn't sure whether the great IQ in the RX100 was enough to overcome my camera usage quirks so I borrowed a piece from a bro here to try.

So in the end, I went for the x20 and saved a bundle from buying a RX100 and having to sell it later cause i didn't like it. Of course the lack of a viewfinder in the RX100 was another deal-breaker for me.

and of course, all these doesn't count if U've money to burn. There r also people here who have the finances to buy and sell all the newest models because they can afford it. And why not if u can? haha

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I have never disliked any camera I bought.
    To me there will never be a perfect camera and the person is 'flexible' and able to cope with any of the idiosyncrasies of a camera (the camera is just a dead thing).

So for me, online reviews, and some hands on at the store or from fellow CSers during an outing is enough.

It all depends on the individual.

quite agrees with it...is the feels we gonna get there.........
    In a builder's locker ,you will see many secrets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12