Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit card question...

CC is a convenience, just make sure u dun roll over ur debt. Dun apply too many as other CSers advice u above.

Getting urself in heavy debt is not funny...

Thanks for all the input! I will use the CC wisely just to enjoy discounts and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Thanks for all the input! I will use the CC wisely just to enjoy discounts and etc.
    what kind of discount you looking @

UOB go for meal.. alot of resturants.. discount.. like Swensens 10% discount.
    But take ages to accumate the pt.. spent $5 for 1 pt...

HSBC.. $1 = 1 pt... can keep the pt for 3 yrs...

DBS... I'm anti.. don't have. but those 12/24mth installment plan.
    CitiBank also got 12/24 mth installment plan.

But JFYI, nowsday.... u apply 1 card.. they give u alot of cards...
    credit line lah/ CHQ book lah/ ATM card lah.....

Like for HSBS, appply 1 card.. they give u Visa and Master...
    Citibank.. they give u clear card/ATM card and don't know what others cards...

Now OCBC bank send me a letter asking me to post in my latest 12 mths CPF contribution statement but my pay is only 1.7k, will they still accept my application???

hmmm... I guess u can submit payslip instead and reason tat obtaining CPF statement is troublesome... it'll work.

I just keep applying while cancelling other card... and if they dun gimme annual fee waive, I'll just cancel it. applying credit card is so easy once u reach the minimal, and creditcard sales are everywhere...

i also no credit card group... kelian man... i still eagerly waiting for my corporate card...

cash rich still the best... but den i cash poor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

me self employ, income tax declare $30k to $40k per year for the past two years, bank also never approve, don,t know why?

Hi,

Have some question to ask...
    I understand one's pay need to be at least 2.5k and above to apply for credit card. Right now, my pay is not 2.5k yet but after doing OT, I got 2.5k for a month. So using that pay slip, does those credit card company approve my application???
    Pls help, thanks!
    You can try UOB or DBS.
    When I apply for UOB & DBS CC last time, my basic pay only 1.5K but after
    OT & allowance, gross around 2.5K to 3K.
    Tried Citibank at the same time but was rejected.
    Called in to ask and was told they take basic pay as my income and not gross.
    But the CSO suggested that I use Tax return to apply as it show lum sum.
    End of the year, I apply Citibank with my Tax return which show 30K+ and
    got the card.

Anyway, don't get too many card if you can and must control...
    I am paying almost 1K to 1.5K every month for my CC bills..

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    me self employ, income tax declare $30k to $40k per year for the past two years, bank also never approve, don,t know why?
    thought for self employed they will come look for you instead?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    thought for self employed they will come look for you instead?
    they always call me, but whenever i apply cannot get. Still can't figure out.

It all depends on the bank.
    If really MAS regulations, they need consistently income.
    Cause in the ruling, it stated annual income $30k, and not $2.5k a month.
    So you can be earning like $1k per month, but your company makes a bumper this year, and pays you 16th months bonus, you are entitle to apply for credit card.
    Most bank I applied, they asked for 6 months CPF statement, I sent via online, veri easily done. I don't keep my payslip around lohz.
    Like I says, there's some loophole here and there, depending on the banks eventually.
    Buy what you can afford remember...!! dun overspend like me..!!

Now OCBC bank send me a letter asking me to post in my latest 12 mths CPF contribution statement but my pay is only 1.7k, will they still accept my application???
    try other bank loh.....

Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    hmmm... I guess u can submit payslip instead and reason tat obtaining CPF statement is troublesome... it'll work.

I just keep applying while cancelling other card... and if they dun gimme annual fee waive, I'll just cancel it. applying credit card is so easy once u reach the minimal, and creditcard sales are everywhere...
    I already submitted my one mth payslip showing 2.5k for that mth (I get only 1.7k monthly but that mth OT many many until 2.5k). But they still want me to send them the CPF statement lo...
    So do u think they will approve on my application if my pay is only 1.7k per mth???

I already submitted my one mth payslip showing 2.5k for that mth (I get only 1.7k monthly but that mth OT many many until 2.5k). But they still want me to send them the CPF statement lo...
    So do u think they will approve on my application if my pay is only 1.7k per mth???
    I think... just sent them ur payslip tat says 2.5k... if one bank doesn't approve, go for another... look at it this way man, u're their customer...

Just being KAY POH here.....

If one has a supplementary card, will the words SUPP CARD be printed on the card?

I have a colleague who barely earns $2000 I think but she has a classic VISA card. Just wondering how she got it but I don't think it's appropriate I ask her cos that would be alomost like doubting her! But I know her job pays about that amount...

Unless it's a supplementary card but I don't seem to notice the words on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by David

If one has a supplementary card, will the words SUPP CARD be printed on the card?
    No, and debit card also don't show it's a debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by David

I have a colleague who barely earns $2000 I think but she has a classic VISA card. Just wondering how she got it but I don't think it's appropriate I ask her cos that would be alomost like doubting her! But I know her job pays about that amount...

Unless it's a supplementary card but I don't seem to notice the words on the card.
    Nope, supplementary card looks exactly the same as main card.

Really hope tat they could approve my application!

Deregistered

will not get a CC for myself. it will be harder to watch my budget this way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast