Thread: NewB NewB

Default NewB NewB

Hi all, this is my first thread... dunno if I did it correctly... anyway... I hope to upgrade to an dSLR by next month ... hopefully then I'll have more images for critique and sharing. This is wat I took with my Nikon D8700 (comments plzzzz!!)... also if anyone can help solve whether to invest in a D70 or a Canon 350D (is pixel count impt?). Personally, I've gone down to try both but prefer D70 due to feel, any views???

Thanks y'all

Last edited by IvT; 9th May 2005 at 06:10 PM.

you are way to go man... gd work... nice pic..

in term of pixel count.... 6.3mp is more than enough...

wat u can do now is.... get a body or with kits... later on... invest more on better lens...

thanks FC.... really need sharp learning curve to pick up more skills fast...hahahaha.... lens are big investment ya? you think good composition and solve problems for not so great lenses??

u want a sharp learning curve...pick up film then...

hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by IvT
    thanks FC.... really need sharp learning curve to pick up more skills fast...hahahaha.... lens are big investment ya? you think good composition and solve problems for not so great lenses??
    better lens produce better color contrast and sharpness... but it also have to depend on the person behide the camera

Yes... in photographing... lens can be a big investment....

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    u want a sharp learning curve...pick up film then...

hehe...
    but as a newbie isn't it better to see what you take immediately. For film the margin for error is greater and you waste a lot of film if you are unexperienced.

JC - pictures that produce rich and satuarated colours are a result of great lenses or lighting?

but as a newbie isn't it better to see what you take immediately. For film the margin for error is greater and you waste a lot of film if you are unexperienced.

JC - pictures that produce rich and satuarated colours are a result of great lenses or lighting?
    film will make u learn e hard way... every snap is $$, so u tend to remember ur lessons better.. hehe, both has its good and bad lo.

pictures that produce rich and saturated colours are a result of, imho, the lens, the lighting, the post processing and of course, the person behind e camera.

You will waste even more with digital, just that you don't feel it, don't see it, and you probably won't remember it after you press that delete button.

With digital SLRs, the difference is what you do with the review function. My suggestion is this: Take pictures, and look at the review. However, DO NOT ERASE ANYTHING AT THIS TIME. Go home, review your shots on your computer. Analyse your pictures by going through the EXIF data which contains information regarding each individual shot. If it doesn't look right, start asking yourself what you've done that caused the image to be that way. Not sure where you went wrong? Ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection
    You will waste even more with digital, just that you don't feel it, don't see it, and you probably won't remember it after you press that delete button.

With digital SLRs, the difference is what you do with the review function. My suggestion is this: Take pictures, and look at the review. However, DO NOT ERASE ANYTHING AT THIS TIME. Go home, review your shots on your computer. Analyse your pictures by going through the EXIF data which contains information regarding each individual shot. If it doesn't look right, start asking yourself what you've done that caused the image to be that way. Not sure where you went wrong? Ask.
    advice!!!!

thanks all!!! Really appreciate it.. BTW what's IMHO?

Wat i mean by better lens is that.... most gd lens have SLD or LD glass for superior optical performance...

hehe... SLD & LD mean Low Dispersion.... this help correct the chromatic aberration