Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Sengkang REALLY far???

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    In general, then Sengkang might be far. Imagine.... you stay in Sengkang and work in Boon Lay. Wah steam ah!

I stay in Bt Merah Central, near your work place. From Redhill MRT to Sengkang MRT is approx 45mins; change at Outram MRT.
    Heh Friend,

I lived in SK and worked in Boon Lay....So I steamed steamed everyday..

Anywayz, i have got used to it, spend about 60 mins one way from SK to Outram on NEL before switching to EW Line to Boon Lay. Quite comfortable lah......will get to sit all the way usually...

Abt getting to town, it takes me about 20-25 mins to get to Dolby Ghaut...think quite fast.....

Singapore is a small dot on the world map

For me staying near to my in-law is most impt! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Shan Ben
    I am thinking of getting a flat at SK.

But when i say "Sengkang" lots of my friends and colleagues say "Wah! So far!".

Is it really that far?

Is it really INCONVENIENT?
    Ding Shan Ben, maybe you can ask your friends or colleages to define the word "FAR".
    Of course,if they are staying at Boon Lay or Jurong West, it is far for them.

But again, Singapore is a small country with world class transportation and facilities, all the mature and new towns are ok for all Singaporeans.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus17
    Heh Friend,

I lived in SK and worked in Boon Lay....So I steamed steamed everyday..

Anywayz, i have got used to it, spend about 60 mins one way from SK to Outram on NEL before switching to EW Line to Boon Lay. Quite comfortable lah......will get to sit all the way usually...

Abt getting to town, it takes me about 20-25 mins to get to Dolby Ghaut...think quite fast.....
    Yo bro, same same here leh.
    Only different is that I work in Tuas.

Maybe we see each other everyday, from SK MRT to Outram to Boon Lay MRT.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Carllim
    I always got confused when visiting friends living in Sengkang. Even some taxi drivers complaint about the naming of the roads. Why can't they just called it ave 1 or street 31 etc etc like other estates???
    more classy?
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Before NEL, my friend once invited me to her place in Sengkang. I jokingly ask her "Must bring passport?" She at me.

No lah, since the opening of NEL, Sengkang is very accessible. Approx 25 mins to the city by MRT. Those that are really far from city by MRT are Kranji, Marsling etc Those on the extreme Northwest of SG.
    Correct. For instance, try the newer flats at Boon Lay / Jurong West Extension. far, man! really far. I study at NTU and it's a pain to travel such long distances (lucky i used to stay in hostel)

Sengkang / Punggol is now quite accessible via MRT & LRT

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    more classy?
    I thought so...but how do you say Compassavale or Fernvale in dialect or mandarin???

I'd rather they have a sensible name than a classy one...just me.

Ya, the street name is very messy there. Cant they have Sengkang Ave 1,2,3.... I got messed up too taking buses there, dunno whether which way it will goes.

Another reason I chose Hougang than Sengkang is the street there. I dunno you guys but to me, the town of SK is too structured. the street very cramp, i prefer more space. A double deck at SK is like an elephant.

No doubt the NEL is cool. I now taking NEL to work instead of taking bus cos i pay 25 cents more gain me 30min time. and it is very comfortable in the train. waiting time is accurate, NEL 4 mins seems to be much faster than SMRT's.

Move move move, move to Punggol.

Jurong West is really far but nearer if I want to go JB.

The question is far from what/where? Anywhere is far depending on where you are from. Compared to other countries, no place in Singapore is far.

Distance is all relative. How far is far? Far from where?

Of course Sengkang would be far from say Jurong. But someone who's staying in Sengkang would say Jurong is far.

Anyway, S'pore is small. Almost every place is accessible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12