Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have u written in your will who will inherit your lenses???

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Shan Ben
    since lenses are lots of money invested, wondering if u guys put that in your will???

(I dun think this is morbid discussion... as it is really practical as death is a reality, something we have to face it one day. )
    The question is not any guys here put the lens in their will, but who here have a will drawn up?

If no will, everything goes to the wife.

If no wife or she passeda away before you, half share by your parents and half to your siblings I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    The question is not any guys here put the lens in their will, but who here have a will drawn up?

If no will, everything goes to the wife.

If no wife or she passeda away before you, half share by your parents and half to your siblings I think.
    Oh. I didn't know that "by default" all posessions go to wife if RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    I think the newsagents sell "will forms" and you need the presence of 2 witnesses. The witnesses have to be meet certain criteria.

I signed one of those will forms a few years ago. I got mine free of charge from a tax agent. I think it is legally binding as a closed relative who was present in the signing is a lawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think the newsagents sell "will forms" and you need the presence of 2 witnesses. The witnesses have to be meet certain criteria.

I signed one of those will forms a few years ago. I got mine free of charge from a tax agent. I think it is legally binding as a closed relative who was present in the signing is a lawer.
    Yap, to draw up a will, you need 2 witnesses to sign also. If any dispute, the witness need to attend court to say that you had made the will and had let them sign it when you are of sound mind and out of free-will. they don't necessary need to know the content of the will.

OT: How important is having a will.

If you are married and your wife is younger than you, one situation that might happen will surprise your parents when time to claim property/assets from the government.

Situation:
    Both husband and wife die in a plane crash. Since cannot verify who die first. The law here see it as the older one pass away first.
    1) So all the husband's asset goes to the wife.
    2) Wife also passed away right, so all her asset will go to her PARENT's / Siblings.

3) Nothing left for the husband's parents.

Any lawyer can verify the above situation is true in local context?

And another thing about not writing a will. It will take longer for the Government to get back to your family regarding your estate duties/distribution. (More than a year)

But what is the lens life span? 10/20 yrs???

I believe (60% sure only) that for married couples the situation is like this...

If the couple die in a plane crash (for example), and investigators are not able to determine who died first, then the possessions of the older (assuming the husband) will go to the wife, then all the possessions of the wife, will go to the immediate beneficiary, either children (if any) or her parents or whoever is named.

Of course, if the husband names someone else as his beneficiary, then the above does not apply.

Anyway, for me, I hope to die alone, hopefully a long long time from now, so that my camera stuff would be considered antiques and my wife can then sell them.

But if I die five years from now, I'd rather be buried or burnt with my lenses and cameras because they probably won't be worth much anyway.

IF possible bury everything with me... haa haa haa... and hope i get to carry on shooting on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    IF possible bury everything with me... haa haa haa... and hope i get to carry on shooting on the other side
    This statement of yours might encourage CSer to go to CCK cemetry at midnight with their spade and cangkul.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyblue
    This statement of yours might encourage CSer to go to CCK cemetry at midnight with their spade and cangkul.
    Thats how i surf CS....they buried my laptop with me haa haa haa

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Shan Ben
    since lenses are lots of money invested, wondering if u guys put that in your will???

(I dun think this is morbid discussion... as it is really practical as death is a reality, something we have to face it one day. )
    dun you think that your photographs are more valuable than your lenses???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12