Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    just wondering if there are any of you who bought it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    No money to buy new model DSLR, how to afford buying this property? Let other people pour their hard earned money into this.

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................

    They have roped in PRC actress Tang Wei in TV commercial.
    Plus a host of local media artistes Zoe Tay, Chen Hanwei, Jesseca Liu, Pornsak, Kym Ng and Edmund Chen also present at the carnival/advertisements.
    A relentless barrage of TV commercials in Singapore aimed at Singaporeans.
    There was a photo
    "I Shot It" Contest and a group of models for you to photograph.

    The developer/organiser gave away RM20 (S$8) petrol vouchers, RM 388 food and carnival vouchers and car wash vouchers to the early bird visitors to the property fair.
    This is to attract the desperate+kiasu Singaporeans who want FREE-FREE-FREE!

    Will such desperate people actually buy the property? Maybe.
    Are these the target customers of the developer? Of course not.
    The carnival organisers know that such category of people are highly unlikely to be the property buyers to commit to paying hundreds of thousands/millions RM$.
    So why attract them there? ---- To generate a CROWD to give the impression that there is great public interest and many potential buyers.

    The project is by a PRC developer in the Malaysian State of Johor. Is this a good combination? What do you think?

    Look beyond the architectural scale models, the pretty girl distractions, the actors/actresses/so-called celebrities/the free RM388 vouchers/the festive atmosphere....and THINK.

    As you depart from the Johor CIQ (
    Bangunan Sultan Iskandar) complex, you will drive past the rotting hulk of Pacific Mall - an uncompleted abandoned commercial/mixed development complex. This is a visual warning to you.
    So don't say the Johor authorities did not warn you. Yes, they did. They ensured that Pacific Mall is one of the first things you see as you enter into Johor.
    Buyer beware.

    Pacific Mall - Photo credit: Super325.com







    Think of crime rates in Johor.

    Can Singaporeans buy property in JB? Yes, if you know what you are doing and choose wisely. Many have done so.
    As a general rule, stay away from over-the-top launches which try to generate the herd instinct.



    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st September 2013 at 03:19 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    I just bought a Meridin. Don't just listen to anyone, drive around these 2 areas to have a feel. One is close to existing buzz and lights(sleezy in a way), the other one coming up very strongly, just look at the close neighbour Bukit Indah which is mature now, price has appreciated about 50% in just 5 years.

    My personal opinion, zon A(which is JB CBD) is like KL Ampang many years ago, Zon B(which is Nusajaya) is like Mont Kiara/Sri Hartamas many years back.

    Both priced around the same, and imo both will have potential upside a few years down the road since there arent much room within 30km of SG/JB.

    Eventually u have to decide what kind of lifestyle u are after. I somehow think that new area will have better potential with good planning and more posh projects, beside, the gov admin center is there now, so it has strong backing interm of infra and future development. Being the blue eye boy of the gov with injection from both Temasek and Khazanah, it cannot afford to be a flop.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Some of the landed along Jalan Sutera Danga (near to taman sutera utama 五富城) look nice. Admire only. No money to buy.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st September 2013 at 03:18 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,204

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    No, from the show room what I saw most of the buyers were from HK or PRC. Danga Bay just a nice place to shoot sunset, now with many projects in the pipe line. The location now was landfill just two years ago, no expert to comment on the soil settlement issue. Danga Bay just 5 minutes away from JB Custom, another location with very mature living environment is the Mount Austin's Jesco shopping centre surround area, just 15 minutes from JB custom.

    I was told by a few land filling contractors that the project of Country Garden Danga Bay's had stop for a period of about 1 to 2 years in the past due to payment issue, it used to be a good location for me to shoot landscape and sunset photo during the project stop period. Now, daily with people crowded at the show room, cash flow should be not a issue now.




    Old Sunset Photo Taken From the Country Garden Danga Bay Site







    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    That explains the freebies/free food to some desperate Singaporeans. We are there just to make up the crowd, so that the PRC and HKgers (who do not know better about Johor situation) will get the wrong impression that this development is "hot" and in demand.

    Landfill? Oh dear, if soil mechanics consultant or foundation engineering is lousy, then differential soil settlement later on.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 1st September 2013 at 04:17 PM.

  7. #7
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Just my friendly non professional comment. Johor is not Singapore and not only the Johor state is huge, it is pretty undeveloped. Just look at KSL the latest boy in town. Pelangi was once the place not too long ago.

    If for investment, KL CBD area is the better choice. If for retirement, do your sum properly. Any yield while hoping for your property to appreciate?

    Cross over makan and shop ok lah. Ringgit was once on par with SGD and now 2.55. What will happen in future still unknown. Of course got $ always good to invest but where and what is something you got to do your sum. When everyone is rushing, take a step back and see.

    Good luck.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    I went to Danga Bay once with my family. It was empty of people and totally defunct. So I can understand why they want to give RM20 petrol voucher. I had hoped to spend a day there but my visit lasted 10 minutes.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    I have spoken to Johoreans about this. They tell me that the mistake made by Johor authorities is that they handed out the licenses for food stalls/restaurants at Danga Bay according to race. It was a kind of affirmative action kind of thing. So one particular race dominates in the entire Danga Bay area. The place becomes a dead shell. Even local Johoreans are not attracted to it, so how can they hope to attract tourists.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Thanks for the sharing. I think it cuts both ways. I'm pretty neutral.

    There are always good and bad parts of stuffs. Investment is always a risk. If it's so easy and predictable, everyone will be out there making money. But when people make money, those who sit at the sidelines will say, Well, the rich will always be richer. Not me. When people lose money, the sideliners will say See, I told you so. Haha.... We always tend to be "experts" in our own little way of looking at things.

    As much as some will say Johor is not safe, it's dirty, etc, Singaporeans still go there. Just as some Singaporeans like to complain about and bash up almost every other thing in their lives here, there are others who are all praise for the country. So Johoreans are no different. Depends on what you wanna manual focus (Haha!) on.
    Last edited by Andreq; 2nd September 2013 at 01:10 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    No money to buy new model DSLR, how to afford buying this property? Let other people pour their hard earned money into this.

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................

    They have roped in PRC actress Tang Wei in TV commercial.
    Plus a host of local media artistes Zoe Tay, Chen Hanwei, Jesseca Liu, Pornsak, Kym Ng and Edmund Chen also present at the carnival/advertisements.
    A relentless barrage of TV commercials in Singapore aimed at Singaporeans.
    There was a photo
    "I Shot It" Contest and a group of models for you to photograph.

    The developer/organiser gave away RM20 (S$8) petrol vouchers, RM 388 food and carnival vouchers and car wash vouchers to the early bird visitors to the property fair.
    This is to attract the desperate+kiasu Singaporeans who want FREE-FREE-FREE!

    Will such desperate people actually buy the property? Maybe.
    Are these the target customers of the developer? Of course not.
    The carnival organisers know that such category of people are highly unlikely to be the property buyers to commit to paying hundreds of thousands/millions RM$.
    So why attract them there? ---- To generate a CROWD to give the impression that there is great public interest and many potential buyers.

    The project is by a PRC developer in the Malaysian State of Johor. Is this a good combination? What do you think?

    Look beyond the architectural scale models, the pretty girl distractions, the actors/actresses/so-called celebrities/the free RM388 vouchers/the festive atmosphere....and THINK.

    As you depart from the Johor CIQ (
    Bangunan Sultan Iskandar) complex, you will drive past the rotting hulk of Pacific Mall - an uncompleted abandoned commercial/mixed development complex. This is a visual warning to you.
    So don't say the Johor authorities did not warn you. Yes, they did. They ensured that Pacific Mall is one of the first things you see as you enter into Johor.
    Buyer beware.

    Pacific Mall - Photo credit: Super325.com







    Think of crime rates in Johor.

    Can Singaporeans buy property in JB? Yes, if you know what you are doing and choose wisely. Many have done so.
    As a general rule, stay away from over-the-top launches which try to generate the herd instinct.



    Wow, who wrote all these? Was it taken off an online blog?

  12. #12
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,600
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    As much as I love visiting Malaysia, buying a property there I will think 3 times ..... maybe 5 times

    a. ONE little change of regulations or a new law and you are well and truly Kelong'ed

    b. for the last 40 years, I have YET to see a nice well-maintained matured estate (landed or condo) more than 15 years old. There does not seem to be a culture of community spirit/pride to keep an estate or even the ROAD on a street of houses in good order.

    c. many condos somehow seem to run out of money for pool, grounds, lift and general maintenance after a few years when owners dont pay their maintenance fees or money somehow got siphoned away by groups of people

    d. I would rather buy and live in a home in a kampung or small town where there is ALOT more community spirit and pride for the area. Go to little places like Segamat, Kota Tinggi, Yong Peng , Pontian, Batu Pahat etc etc etc or even residential neighborhoods like Taman Perlin in JB..... where most homes have been there forever and the communities so close-knit and while rustic they still feel warm

    e. The almost constant advertising, commercials, endorsements , freebies and what not.... cost a bomb. Who is paying for all this? The buyers likely in terms of lower build quality and other corners cut. Remember old saying "Empty vessels make most noise "

    If you've already bought, great ! Just remember to flip it out, profit or loss, before the 10-15 year mark ............ like me

    Today you are welcomed for only ONE reason. When the cash cow is out of milk, there are other ways to force it to produce more milk

    p/s ever wonder why so few regular Malaysians have not bought Danga et al ? If all that 'gold' was in their backyard dont you think THEY would be the FIRST and MAJORITY who snap these up ? How come every Chinese New Year we still go back to our little kampungs, villages and small towns ? How come my relatives have not abandoned their small town lifestyles and moved to spanking beautiful condos and landed property ? We know better ....

    I'm in my 50s , had my fun and also learnt my lessons on Malaysian and Batam property ..... want to heed advise or debunk my skepticism is up to you ... not my money.
    Last edited by ed9119; 2nd September 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  13. #13

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    As much as I love visiting Malaysia, buying a property there I will think 3 times ..... maybe 5 times

    a. ONE little change of regulations or a new law and you are well and truly Kelong'ed

    b. for the last 40 years, I have YET to see a nice well-maintained matured estate (landed or condo) more than 15 years old. There does not seem to be a culture of community spirit/pride to keep an estate or even the ROAD on a street of houses in good order.

    c. many condos somehow seem to run out of money for pool, grounds, lift and general maintenance after a few years when owners dont pay their maintenance fees or money somehow got siphoned away by groups of people

    d. I would rather buy and live in a home in a kampung or small town where there is ALOT more community spirit and pride for the area. Go to little places like Segamat, Kota Tinggi, Yong Peng , Pontian, Batu Pahat etc etc etc or even residential neighborhoods like Taman Perlin in JB..... where most homes have been there forever and the communities so close-knit and while rustic they still feel warm

    e. The almost constant advertising, commercials, endorsements , freebies and what not.... cost a bomb. Who is paying for all this? The buyers likely in terms of lower build quality and other corners cut. Remember old saying "Empty vessels make most noise "

    If you've already bought, great ! Just remember to flip it out, profit or loss, before the 10-15 year mark ............ like me

    Today you are welcomed for only ONE reason. When the cash cow is out of milk, there are other ways to force it to produce more milk

    p/s ever wonder why so few regular Malaysians have not bought Danga et al ? If all that 'gold' was in their backyard dont you think THEY would be the FIRST and MAJORITY who snap these up ? How come every Chinese New Year we still go back to our little kampungs, villages and small towns ? How come my relatives have not abandoned their small town lifestyles and moved to spanking beautiful condos and landed property ? We know better ....

    I'm in my 50s , had my fun and also learnt my lessons on Malaysian and Batam property ..... want to heed advise or debunk my skepticism is up to you ... not my money.
    Wow, that bad huh... Has point 'a' above happened to some properties?

    I agree wholeheartedly with point 'e' above. It's unimaginable how much Country Garden has spent on their advertising, carnival, freebies, etc. Never seen such big and grand project b4. But I was told they are one very big and one of top property developers in China. So maybe they are rich enough to do all these? Or... maybe.... yeah, some cutting cost measures will happen to the quality of the final condos!

    No haven't bought yet, but it's tempting initially. Now seeing so many trying to make fat sales by selling off their pre-booked units. Not sure if they are making quick bucks or chickening out after all the hype has died down.

    I can't verify if "so few" regular Malaysians have not bought Danga and the rest. I tend to think this may not be true. If the reported stats are correct, Danga has 40% Malaysians buying and many others are investing in other projects. We can't quite compare Johor to its more gloomy past. This part is going to be developed and up and coming. Of course it remains to be seen but at least there are big names coming in.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    a. ONE little change of regulations or a new law and you are well and truly Kelong'ed
    ......

    d. I would rather buy and live in a home in a kampung or small town where there is ALOT more community spirit and pride for the area.

    Agree. Having simple good neighbourhood is warmer than a cold hearted upper class condominium where people compare what job/post you have, what is your status, how much you earn, what car you drive, which expensive countries you go to for holidays, what watch you wear, which SAP school you children go to, which overseas ivy league university you sent them to, etc....what camera you use?

    Also remember that they can change the rules AFTER you have signed the contract to buy. And the new law is ex post facto i.e. retroactive.
    IIRC, when Mahatir bitterly quarreled with Singapore's leaders sometime in the 1990's he suddenly imposed a new requirement for Singaporeans to pay an additional levy (a big sum) in addition to what they already paid for their houses. Or else the Singaporeans lose legal ownership of their properties. They can do this. There is no guarantee they won't do it again in future.

    From: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bmalay...ge/16791?var=1
    Apart from the surprise imposition of capital controls in September
    1998, the government imposed a RM100,000 levy on property purchases by
    foreigners in October 1995 and applied it retroactively for deals

    where the transfer of title took place only after the announcement of
    the policy change. The levy was scrapped in August 1997.

    One more thing. If the thing is actually constructed, the connecting roads built, the sewers actually connected (no joking), the water pipes connected - phew! lucky so far.

    Part2 - try to get the legal document confirming your ownership - for a condo unit - the strata title deed. This is a given, right? no need to worry, right? WRONG. For Malaysian property buys by Singaporeans/PRC/HKgers, you better worry about this until you get it.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 3rd September 2013 at 12:49 AM.

  15. #15
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,600
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post

    I can't verify if "so few" regular Malaysians have not bought Danga .... Danga has 40% Malaysians buying.....
    Just answered your own doubt ....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  16. #16

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Just answered your own doubt ....
    40% is not "few". I was expecting lesser than that. Anyway, they've got lots of other properties to invest in.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    I know a few Malaysians who invested are all residing in Singapore.

  18. #18
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,204

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post

    Part2 - try to get the legal document confirming your ownership - for a condo unit - the strata title deed. This is a given, right? no need to worry, right? WRONG. For Malaysian property buys by Singaporeans/PRC/HKgers, you better worry about this until you get it.
    This part2 I agreed, I was at the local town government office, you can hear many crazy facts about the strata title deed, very scary.

    The Lot 1 shopping centre just next to the old JB Custom, many Singaporean bought units there, it had been open for some months then it shut down. Now a good place to go for fishing or FOC parking there but at you own risk.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  19. #19
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,600
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Also remember that they can change the rules AFTER you have signed the contract to buy. And the new law is ex post facto i.e. retroactive.
    IIRC, when Mahatir bitterly quarreled with Singapore's leaders sometime in the 1990's he suddenly imposed a new requirement for Singaporeans to pay an additional levy (a big sum) in addition to what they already paid for their houses. Or else the Singaporeans lose legal ownership of their properties. They can do this. There is no guarantee they won't do it again in future.

    From: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bmalay...ge/16791?var=1


    remember the CLOB saga when Malaysian shares were traded simultaneously in Signapore and KL ? how our money just evaporated into thin air with just one new regulation ?

    no need to remember 15 years back..... just a couple of months back during the Malaysian Elections.... someone said that they will impose taxes and other charges on foreign property owners if they were elected into office ? and impose ERP on cars entering Malaysia ?

    YOU dont have a voice in a vote like you have in Singapore .... you are the meat that is waved about for so many reasons by so many different parties

    Not saying that NEVER buy a house in Johor.... only if the price is right and at a price that any disaster will not kill you financially

    And there IS a ceiling to all this greed .... it will NEVER be as high as Singapore prices ... the price difference is now being determined by the market ("At up to WHAT price difference does it not make sense for me to buy in Johor ?" and "Is it cheaper to rent a house in Johor than buy ?")
    Last edited by ed9119; 3rd September 2013 at 07:01 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    19,975
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Anyone bought Country Garden Danga B?

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPine View Post
    This part2 I agreed, I was at the local town government office, you can hear many crazy facts about the strata title deed, very scary.

    The Lot 1 shopping centre just next to the old JB Custom, many Singaporean bought units there, it had been open for some months then it shut down. Now a good place to go for fishing or FOC parking there but at you own risk.
    Not just Lot 1. There are a few others. But some good news. Pacific Mall (as quoted by ricohflex) is boarded up now and construction/renovations will start soon, soon to be revived. Even Kemayan City Mall, that huge abandoned mall in Skudai is being worked on. I saw all the foliage cleared up and clearing of rubble is in the progress. Soon to be revived as well.

    http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general...ector-1.211108

    http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/...vival-1.330336
    Last edited by daredevil123; 3rd September 2013 at 08:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •