Thread: CF card reader

Default CF card reader

anyone can advice me on the cf card reader. i've got a 2gb cf card but dunno which reader card is best suited me.

main requirement is small as possible and able to support at least 2gb(more preferably). anyone?

thanks in advance for any replies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by photografixed
    anyone can advice me on the cf card reader. i've got a 2gb cf card but dunno which reader card is best suited me.

main requirement is small as possible and able to support at least 2gb(more preferably). anyone?

thanks in advance for any replies.

Card readers can support cards of any capacity.

try going to SLS to find? there are hundreds of branded and OEM CF card readers of different price range and sizes.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

dont forget to look for USB2.0...
    its a pain, when transfering from 1GB CF Card to the pc using USB1.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

If you only need a card reader to read CF, there's a USB 2.0 CF reader available from Fuwell (4th & 5th storey, SLS) for S$25.
    If you can use Firewire (aka. IEEE-1394 or i-link), the Lexar Firewire CF reader from Eastgear is about S$70 and will be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    Card readers can support cards of any capacity.

try going to SLS to find? there are hundreds of branded and OEM CF card readers of different price range and sizes.
    according to my client that makes the reader technology for these companies.. the older readers will not support the newer cards of higher capacity and speed.. make sure the reader is quite current and you wont have a problem..

Get a good 1.
    A bad 1 recently spoilt 1 of my CF card.

Default how to check?

any one know if the transfer rate usb2.0 is correct? I try to compare the reader usb1.0 and usb2.0 with sandisk ultra2. then I try usb2.0 with sandisk ultra 2 and sandisk normal.

I found out that not much different.

probably from cser, how to test the speed?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Get a good 1.
    A bad 1 recently spoilt 1 of my CF card.
    Wah liao

Thank goodness you shared. I have an ill feeling when I look at those cheap readers and at the end bought 3 expensive ones - Belkin brand that carries lifetime warranty. Paid $75 15 months back for the first one and $47 for the last piece recently. All never give any problem despite intense use. Now I feel that I have not spend the moola badly.