Thread: why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8

Default why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8

why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8?

I shoot at iso 250 at 1/160 outdoor .RAW pic

is my camera spoil?

Pls post the photo together with the settings for us to see. Else, no one will b able to advise u

Other than underexpose badly, I can't think of any other reason..

If you severely underexpose the shot, recovering those details will naturally give you grainy areas.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Default Re: why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8

Perhaps u may want to Post a picture with EXIF.

Default Re: why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8

Is there a minimun number of posts before someone can post a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhe Jie View Post
    why shoot with 60d at low iso is still grainy and not sharp even with 70-200 f2.8?

is my camera spoil?
    Whats the RAW conversion software you using? Like others said, it could be severely underexposed.

And sharpness is not just a matter of using good lens. It depends mainly on the user.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Is there a minimun number of posts before someone can post a photo?
    He can at least upload it and share the link
    Alpha

is my camera spoil?
    No picture, no talk. And the perception of 'grainy' can be very different between people. Also: I do hope you are not zooming into the shot above 100%? Are you checking the picture in a RAW converter or just an some funky image viewer? If you use a picture viewer please take note that the image you see is NOT the RAW file, but a quickly processed, scaled down and embedded jpg image. So make sure you look at the RAW file when assessing the results.
    Use a RAW processor, use standard settings, create a full sized jpg, leave the exif data intact and upload to any image / file sharing host you like. Then share the link here.
    EOS

is this another "post and forget" thread by TS?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    is this another "post and forget" thread by TS?
    Yup sure looks like it.
    Alpha

is my camera spoil?
    Probably a user issue. 60D at low ISO should be pretty good.