Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sichuan - JiuZhaiGou 九寨沟, Leshan 乐山, Mt Emei 峨嵋山, etc

Default Re: Sichuan - JiuZhaiGou 九寨沟, Leshan 乐山, Mt Emei 峨嵋山, etc

Quote Originally Posted by princecharming View Post
    Huangshan was a very tough climb, worst than emei Shan
    Oh, did not realised that. How was it so?

Mount gongga it above need to track and hike up the mountains high is around 4xxx m above sea level. It near hailuogou
    You mean " Mount Gongga need to trek and hike up to around 4xxxm above sea level". Pictures shown don't reflect that sentiment though.

From Huangshan beihai to Guang Ming ding, need to walk up slope for 2hours, quite tough if you need to carry a lot of camera equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    You mean " Mount Gongga need to trek and hike up to around 4xxxm above sea level". Pictures shown don't reflect that sentiment though.
    Not sure, will be trying at December, will review it after I complete it

Not sure, will be trying at December, will review it after I complete it

December might be cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    December might be cold.
    never seen snow, hence why I arrange so late is because my desire to see snow

Dear all, returned from the trip earlier today (as in sat).

It's been quite a trip! Sichuan is a very beautiful place. 3,000 photos will take some time to filter and process. Sadly, Hailuogou was cancelled due to safety concerns over collapse of road foundation leading to it. Subsequently, the road is now closed for repairs. We had to settle with Shunan Bamboo Forest instead which turned out to be pretty good as well.

Huanglong was snowing the day we visit it and should be now closed for the season.

With the cable-car, the short climb up Emei steps turned out to be piece of cake (compared to Nepal trek) with 8-15, 16-35, 24-105 & filters in my bag.

Leshan buddha is celebrating its 1,300 year birthday.

Gear-wise, 6D is proving to be an excellent travel body. From the initial impression of the photos I am beginning to process, the center-point is pretty reliable. A number of shots were made from the coach while traveling on the highway in day/evening time. I just agar agar point and trigger, the body was able to focus quickly and shoot all the time. The peripheral points were decent with normal light and 5hitty under poor light. GPS is fun have. Was able to correlate my current altitude with what the guide says. C1/C2 modes were handy and I custom them for tripod/handheld 5-shot bracketing for HDR. Every minute is precious as little time can be afforded to be wasted on adjusting settings on a package tour.

Welcome back and glad to hear you emjoyed yourself. Hope to see some of your 3K+ photos on clubsnap for us to enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12