Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop by Security

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    hmmm ... 'the artists' i mention refers to the 'low paid artist(s)' who 'copy others work as a living' you mentioned, fundamentally their work is different from the work they copied from ...

unless i misread your post and the artist(s) you mentioned includes people who take photos of other people's work to sell, who i do not qualify as artists as they do not produce works of artistic value from their effort.

COPY here means they use all means to produce the similiar work. "different from the work they copied from" of this case, it still means COPY!!

the original artist have the right to use law against and anyone who copy their work to make a living. if photographers use pictures taken in exhibition of arts and let the artist copy the work and sell, both the artist and photographer are in the wrong!!!

same goes to commercial work. commercial photographer can sue anyone who steal their idea in commercial work for thier own.

when comes to money, Law and copyright is very catchy....

hmm ... one master architect of our time Philip Johnson is known to borrow lots of architectural design methods and styles from other masters and mix them around. his works embodied more than 1% of other master architects' works. one example is the Millenia Walk, clearly borrowing the proportions and geometry of Louis Kahn's works.

add: the architect's designs has no copyright (which is why we do not show the client the full design before the comission but only rough ideas and sketches) the building is owned by the client, but the client do not own the designs.
    it depends if they have any contract signed with all these stated.....

there is no end to this talk. everyone have the right or wrong when comes to this type of argument. So lets take it as "if u know how to defence yourelves, u are on the right path!!"

Quote Originally Posted by photo_kbc
    COPY here means they use all means to produce the similiar work. "different from the work they copied from" of this case, it still means COPY!!

the original artist have the right to use law against and anyone who copy their work to make a living. if photographers use pictures taken in exhibition of arts and let the artist copy the work and sell, both the artist and photographer are in the wrong!!!

same goes to commercial work. commercial photographer can sue anyone who steal their idea in commercial work for thier own.

when comes to money, Law and copyright is very catchy....
    i'm reading more from the artistic value point of view, so i'll leave the legalities to the experts then. cheers

it depends if they have any contract signed with all these stated.....
    oh well ... i get challenged even when speaking from within the industry. i give up.

oh well ... i get challenged even when speaking from within the industry. i give up.
    same goes here.... that's why contract is very important!!!!!!! even for photographer, especially copyright

well everywhere there are security watching out for ppl ...me i get this all the time, i live just next to farrer park mrt and at least once a week the security will checked my bag!!!damnn the funny thing is its same person asking the same thing,asking the same guy.COMMON!!AND BEST THING HAHAHAHHA...THEY WOULD ASK ME " R U A PHOTOGRAPHER"

nope. most of the building's security will stop anyone who carry tripod and slr/dslr camera from taking pictures internally. one reason is to prevent others from copying the design for the next building.

further more, its their job. not because their supervisors. they have the right to get police to chase or lock up anyone who goes again them!!

err .. don't quite understand you ... u mean they can legally stop us? .. or they can call the cops to come down and stop us and put us away in a dark cell somewhere ... cos they're afraid we'll copy the design of the building? ... besides, whats the job description of a security guard now-a-days?

In this day and age, I go by the wisdom : "Shoot 'n' scoot."

FWIW...

vince123123
    Guests

all they can do is to ask you to leave. They have no right to demand you hand over film/delete pictures etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt
    err .. don't quite understand you ... u mean they can legally stop us? .. or they can call the cops to come down and stop us and put us away in a dark cell somewhere ... cos they're afraid we'll copy the design of the building? ... besides, whats the job description of a security guard now-a-days?

Ok, This is whay i took at the Esplanade.

So, can i use this photo for other purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Expiredyoghurt
    they have the right to chase anyone who they think is giving problem to them. if they chase u away and u still stay around, they can "suspect u as terrorist" and report to the police. the top managment can charge u with any reason they can think of.

not because "they're afraid we'll copy the design of the building".... but becasue u don't "listen" to them. of course, the top managment give them the green light to do so as they are are PAID to do so....

they have the right to chase anyone who they think is giving problem to them. if they chase u away and u still stay around, they can "suspect u as terrorist" and report to the police. the top managment can charge u with any reason they can think of.

not because "they're afraid we'll copy the design of the building".... but becasue u don't "listen" to them. of course, the top managment give them the green light to do so as they are are PAID to do so....
    ok ... reminds me of the security guards at my JC ... insisting we dun cross infront of the sch gate but walk around to the back gate (if we're on the side w/o the covered walkway-gate) ... and scanning in and out of school when we enter pass 7.40 or before 930pm :S ...

I think there must be way to "talk" them into letting you take photos.

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    I think there must be way to "talk" them into letting you take photos.
    depends to the managment.....

Jason H0
    Guests

i was at the big durian when it first ripe for opening as i went there to shoot with film slr body and i was make to open up my back because the on the boss guards say cannot take picture of the insize. what to do? next i go such nice places i bring RF which to these guards they are a toy.

Was there some time back with quite abit of stuff. 1medium & 1small format, tripods & laptop. Was approcahed by security. All they ask were 'why are you here?' and from what I understood from them was that if you're shooting as hobby, is OK but by profession, you need to get permission.
    My 2cents of experience anywayz...

cheers!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123