Thread: The reason for the huge jam at Jurong East this morning (27 Aug)

Default The reason for the huge jam at Jurong East this morning (27 Aug)

A motorcyclist died on the spot

Default Re: The reason for the huge jam at Jurong East this morning (27 Aug)

i was there...jam starting at bukit batok road.....then upon reaching that spot, saw a johor bus collided with taxi.

this photo taking from creative lab, i am very sure. so uncle work for creative huh?
    Last edited by ninelives; 27th August 2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Objection !!!

I work nearby (Actually across the road, so the view is pretty clear from my office.)... yeah heard of this incident, very very sad.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Er how did the bus end up there, turn wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    i was there...jam starting at bukit batok road.....then upon reaching that spot, saw a johor bus collided with taxi.

this photo taking from creative lab, i am very sure. so uncle work for creative huh?
    No.. uncle work for ST.. everyday got news one

Hummm.... another case.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post

Nope. From a friend's FB page.

Looks like the Johor bus was trying to counterflow? He forgot what side of the road we drive on?
    Alpha

R.I.P.

Any idea why the accident happened? It looks like 2 buses, 1 motorcycle and 1 taxi is involved in the accident.

On the side, I always find this to be a dangerous junction with the "islets" more of a nuisance. I think it is at a spot where you go up slope and then get a small adrenaline coming down. Maybe LTA need to re-align some of the roads here.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 27th August 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Maybe LTA need to re-align some of the roads here.
    But they just completed the realignment wor... dig again?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    R.I.P.

Any idea why the accident happened? It looks like 2 buses, 1 motorcycle and 1 taxi is involved in the accident.

On the side, I always find this to be a dangerous junction with the "islets" more of a nuisance. I think it is at a spot where you go up slope and then get a small adrenaline coming down. Maybe LTA need to re-align some of the roads here.
    Either speeding or brake malfunction which end up in lost control of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    But they just completed the realignment wor... dig again?
    You can see how "messed up" this junction is. If you don't drive there frequently, you would be confused which lane you should be in. Better to correct it now than to wait till it is more built up.

The blue bus probably trying to avoid the collision and bump into the cab on the opposite direction, but.... what is the red bus doing?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

actually, i only see one thing:

the bus driver probably tried to avoid the motorcyclist, but still rammed him anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    actually, i only see one thing:

the bus driver probably tried to avoid the motorcyclist, but still rammed him anyways?
    Tried but failed la.... We not there mah can only guess... but I still dun understand the red bus. It's too under-steer to make the turn, blocking the traffic.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Tried but failed la.... We not there mah can only guess... but I still dun understand the red bus. It's too under-steer to make the turn, blocking the traffic.
    could have been trying to shoot past the red light

news out already :

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...nt-jurong-east

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...in/791638.html

one driver was arrested. don't need me to say why arrested, very obvious.
    Last edited by ninelives; 27th August 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Objection !!!