Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RAMLY Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    .........I don't think I've sucessfully walked by a Ramly stand without picking up a burger. And when there're a couple of them at those pasar malams, I cannot usually walk by the 1st and 2nd one before falling victim to the 3rd stall. What's the lure??
    it's what they put into them.

just like some instant noodle is alittle addictive too. (of course not quite the same extent, but you get what i mean) instant noodle's lure is in the MSG that the soup base is loaded with...

the ramly burgers probably have lots of oil and lard that makes them tasty. like the french fries from macs of old. those where done in beef shortening then, now veg shortening. just doesn't taste the same.

No Ramly burger...so had Farmland burger for lunch today But taste so so

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    "hi terence"
    *wave*

sounds like an alcohol annonymous meeting.
    *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by av98m
    My favourite Ramly is still from a stall at Mersing. Funny thing is that the one cooking will always be this small malay boy while the other adults(relatives?) around him are just relaxing and talking ****.
    Mersing... ah, that explains your Avatar. Nothing like those midnight stops in Mersing before that 4 hour boat ride to Tioman or Aur. Sometimes the fish get lucky and are fed half digested Ramly burgers on the way over.

at j8 pasar malam haf seh
    i cant rem still haf

Woah! So many Ramly Burger lovers...

1st tried it on my way back from KL...I was hooked!
    Then tried the Pasar malam ones, taste quite different leh, somehow not that nice...

Btw, I used to eat the same style of burger but Indon style, back in my school in home country...

I think there's a semi-permanent stall in front of the Esplanade on the waterfront. I remember dashing out at intermissions during the performances at the Esplanade Theatre for a quick bite. Beats the $5 packet of peanuts they have on sale at the theatre bar.

Mersing... ah, that explains your Avatar. Nothing like those midnight stops in Mersing before that 4 hour boat ride to Tioman or Aur. Sometimes the fish get lucky and are fed half digested Ramly burgers on the way over.
    yucks....

I think there's a semi-permanent stall in front of the Esplanade on the waterfront. I remember dashing out at intermissions during the performances at the Esplanade Theatre for a quick bite. Beats the $5 packet of peanuts they have on sale at the theatre bar.
    is there one? where is it located? i notice there is a hotdog stall that came up a couple of months ago. huge dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    is there one? where is it located? i notice there is a hotdog stall that came up a couple of months ago. huge dogs.
    It's right along the waterfront, on the side of the Esplanade. Before the amphitheatre if you're walking from bridge. Quite close to the ice cream stand. Can't miss it, there aren't that many stalls there.

It's right along the waterfront, on the side of the Esplanade. Before the amphitheatre if you're walking from bridge. Quite close to the ice cream stand. Can't miss it, there aren't that many stalls there.
    alrighty. i'll go check it out. thankx.

the best burget! beats macs and burger king hands down =p

it just has a special taste..

I think I saw a poster featuring Ramly burger opening soon in Bugis Village! Can try out liao..kekeke...

ain't that the truth!

Ramlee Burgers has fond memories.

I can eat one between every dive!

Best ones are on Pulau Pemanggil. (maybe becoz that's the best stuff on the little island!)

MAKO Dive Shop used to go there....

Here's my Ramlee story.

The makeshift cart/store with the hotplate was empty. Apparently, we were out diving and the burger flippin' brother was taking a break, we came back, washed up, went to the second storey of the chalet to chill and then we saw this monitor lizard on the hotplate....probably looking for scraps.

then the guy came over and shoo-ed it away, wiped the hotplate and ask if anyone wanted one.

we all said "YES!"

it was a rip off at RM 3.00 but we were happy people.

That was in 1996.......those were the days.

MAKO divers from a slightly longer time will remember!

undoubtedly the best-tasting burger i've ever had... so far

wah piang. hungry now and haven't had lunch yet leh.

Yo Terence,
    Are those really RAMLY burgers being flipped and flogged there? It'd be a downer if I'd made my way there and find the Farmland variation.....

My place is having pasar malam now. Dunno if they have ramly burger haven't do the recce yet. U guys tried the ramly burger wif black pepper sauce? superb!!!!!!!! later in the evening have to check out if there is any Ramly's around...haha
    Nepotism will never end....:thumbsd:

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    My place is having pasar malam now. Dunno if they have ramly burger haven't do the recce yet. U guys tried the ramly burger wif black pepper sauce? superb!!!!!!!! later in the evening have to check out if there is any Ramly's around...haha
    then we're counting on you to take over the MO list and get hold of the burgers for us.

so should we t/f the money to your acct or COD?

The ramily burger patties are for sale at supermarket in jb, not sure they still have it anymore. The customs may not allow u to bring over however. They taste great at the stalls in malaysia. Forget what goes into it, you probably puke. They are darn good bite esp with a slice of melted cheese. yummy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast