Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141

Thread: RAMLY Burgers

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Don't think the sellers here have the patient (neither the buyer in Sg)
    to cook it properly with less oil, that's why they pour in so much of oil.
    As mentioned the patty has to be sliced thin and fried for abt 10mins.


    Quote Originally Posted by CLQ
    Agreed
    Also i noticed most Ramly burger stall in Malaysia will cut the meat at the middle and turn it inside out to cook the inside too, and those stalls that i see in singapore dont... i wonder does it make a difference?
    Also Maggi sauce and curry power important too (at least that is why i feel it taste so good in malaysia)...

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    I went to the pasar malam in Punggol last night and counted at least 5 stores selling Ramly burger... got from the one that toasted the buns on the grill... taste better than all the other fast food...
    I noticed all of them got different cooking style... but one fatal mistake... they handled the patties and the money with the same gloved hand!! hmmm... maybe that is the reason behind the taste?
    Last edited by SnapSnap; 9th May 2005 at 11:22 AM.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    No lah..... you have to try it in Malaysia, I don't think the guys in Sg. does it the same way, further more, I believe it is some ban on "meat stuff" that Ramli Burger can't be imported into Sg. so it is either smuggled in or it is not THE REAL THING.
    hmmmm... is that why they don't allow me to take their pics?

  4. #44
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    The JB RAMLY burger near the customs, at the pasar malam like backdoor hawker is fantastic!!!
    From the rastasafari guy Rm2 = black pepper sauce, mayo, planta, chic patty, veggie, soy sauce cucumber, etc. My mouth water now.. but saw him eating chicken rice instead though.
    Last edited by dennisc; 9th May 2005 at 11:48 AM.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampines & Sydney
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    The RAMLY burger near woodlands customs, at the pasar malam like backdoor hawker is fantastic!!!
    From the rastasafari guy Rm2 = black pepper sauce, mayo, planta, chic patty, veggie, soy sauce cucumber, etc. My mouth water now.. but saw him eating chicken rice instead though.
    haha, you cant expect him to eat Ramly everyday right?

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    hmmmm... is that why they don't allow me to take their pics?

    u must choose ur target wisely....haaa

    Ramly Entry on multiply.com

    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    seriously guys, the burgers tastes great, but it's because of the oil, salt and fat in it that makes it rock.

    although i get a kick out of eating it, i am guilt stricken too.
    Last edited by obviousdude; 9th May 2005 at 01:51 PM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    No lah..... you have to try it in Malaysia, I don't think the guys in Sg. does it the same way, further more, I believe it is some ban on "meat stuff" that Ramli Burger can't be imported into Sg. so it is either smuggled in or it is not THE REAL THING.
    Ramly from Malaysia is banned and not allowed into Sg, however ,there's a company who registered as Ramly Singapore ,but do not have any relation with the one in Malaysia. I guess the ones in the pasar malam is prolly from this company, and the patties are manufacture in Singapore. If anyone knew of where to get the 'original' ones in SG. Pls let us know.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Ramly from Malaysia is banned and not allowed into Sg, however ,there's a company who registered as Ramly Singapore ,but do not have any relation with the one in Malaysia. I guess the ones in the pasar malam is prolly from this company, and the patties are manufacture in Singapore. If anyone knew of where to get the 'original' ones in SG. Pls let us know.
    so all the local ramly burgers are probably franchised from this local firm?

    or is this local firm the franchise itself?

  10. #50
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    so all the local ramly burgers are probably franchised from this local firm?

    or is this local firm the franchise itself?
    Dun think is franchised from the company, stall owners prolly get the burgers from the company directly. If got chance , pick up the plastic bag that they throw away and look at the Halal Logo , it will tell you where the burger comes from liao .

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Dun think is franchised from the company, stall owners prolly get the burgers from the company directly. If got chance , pick up the plastic bag that they throw away and look at the Halal Logo , it will tell you where the burger comes from liao .
    wonder if they have a factory here where you can go buy the raw patties direct...

    unhealthy though i may say it is, the tempation is greater than my willpower.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    The egg special is my fav.Topped with mayo and all the local spices. Yummy!

    I once ate Ramly's deer burger... the meat was heaty!
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Time for an MO for Ramly burgers!

    1) obviousdude
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

    heeeheee

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    seriously guys, the burgers tastes great, but it's because of the oil, salt and fat in it that makes it rock.

    although i get a kick out of eating it, i am guilt stricken too.
    b4 eating popped in two xando lah.. block off the fats, salt and what not..

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    b4 eating popped in two xando lah.. block off the fats, salt and what not..
    hee, 2 xando pills per burger?

    then the whole bottle will finish in a week.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    Time for an MO for Ramly burgers!

    1) obviousdude
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

    heeeheee
    U serious ah??

    a. Ramly Normal
    1. obvious dude
    2.
    3.

    b.Ramly Special
    1. razor
    2.

    c. Ramly Deer Meat
    1.
    2.
    3.

    Let's post all the Ramly Burgers photos here!!!

    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    haha, product shoot ah?

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    haha, product shoot ah?

    yeah... why not! titled "Me and my Ramly..."
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    tried Ramly burger in Sg pasar malam before and it pales from THE REAL THING. it was just done differently.......

    THE REAL THING

    Bun toasted (sometimes both sides) with planta (or similar stuff)
    Burger Patty fried, swimming in planta
    Egg is optional
    The burger is usually served with 1 slice of cucumber and tomato, and thinly sliced cabbages.
    Healty dash of tomato and chilly sauce.

    yum yum.....

    it cost RM1.50 12 years ago when I left M'sia, now it cost about RM2
    Chilli sauce must be Lingam's for authenticity....

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    U serious ah??

    a. Ramly Normal
    1. obvious dude
    2.
    3.

    b.Ramly Special
    1. razor
    2.

    c. Ramly Deer Meat
    1.
    2.
    3.

    Let's post all the Ramly Burgers photos here!!!

    Ramly Kambing/Mutton and Kasawari/Ostrich not included?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •