Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: May he be well and happy!

  1. #1
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default May he be well and happy!

    Some one snapped this supposedly at Chinese Garden on 25 Aug 2013. From the TheRealSingapore FB page...


  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Some one snapped this supposedly at Chinese Garden on 25 Aug 2013. From the TheRealSingapore FB page...

    Poor thing.

    From a distance, he just looked like any ordinary senior citizen of Singapore.

  3. #3

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Poor thing.

    From a distance, he just looked like any ordinary senior citizen of Singapore.
    so you're saying that all senior citizens in Singapore are "poor things"?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    so you're saying that all senior citizens in Singapore are "poor things"?
    Probably those he has come across ...... I have seen worse ....... much worse ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  5. #5

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Probably those he has come across ...... I have seen worse ....... much worse ......
    i, too have seen worse....... much worse......


  6. #6
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i, too have seen worse....... much worse......

    If you want to be fit and healthy then stay away from tobacco and young women.

  7. #7
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    Poor thing.

    From a distance, he just looked like any ordinary senior citizen of Singapore.

    And what is wrong with our 'Ordinary Senior Citizen' ?? You mean you never see old people in Wheelchair before ?? Better wish that when you get to his age, if you can get to his age, you don't need someone to change your diapers or spoon feed you...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    He is well for someone at 90 .....but he doesn't look happy ........ maybe he smelled something fishy at Chinese garden .....
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  9. #9
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    He is well for someone at 90 .....but he doesn't look happy ........ maybe he smelled something fishy at Chinese garden .....

    Wow... didn't think your eyesight is so good... can see he is 'not' with that blur image... LOL.

    Maybe the Koi keep asking for free food...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    He is well for someone at 90 .....but he doesn't look happy ........ maybe he smelled something fishy at Chinese garden .....
    Don't forget Chinese Garden always smells of Zenten.

    It's the paint they use:


  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,621

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Well let's wish him well bros. He have had contributed so much to Singapore but we cannot deny that
    he's coming to age and seeing him in a wheelchair is normal. Time for him to relax and enjoy but given
    his zest he'll never rest on his laurels though.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  12. #12

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Wow... didn't think your eyesight is so good... can see he is 'not' with that blur image... LOL.

    Maybe the Koi keep asking for free food...
    ordinary people always see more than others

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Wow... didn't think your eyesight is so good... can see he is 'not' with that blur image... LOL.

    Maybe the Koi keep asking for free food...

    To the koi : Didn't I tell you that nothing is free in Singapore? But my son will take care of you.....
    Last edited by Zenten; 29th August 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Don't forget Chinese Garden always smells of Zenten.

    It's the paint they use:


    I haven't told you that I peed right where he is seated ......it's definitely not the paint ....
    Last edited by Zenten; 29th August 2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Wow... didn't think your eyesight is so good... can see he is 'not' with that blur image... LOL.

    Maybe the Koi keep asking for free food...
    you still don't get the point. LOL

    that is why unclefai is wishing him well and HAPPY!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Singapore does owe a lot to its pioneer group of leaders LKY, GKS, Hon Sui Sen, Rajaratnam, etc..
    When you travel to nearby poorer regions and see how the poor there suffer, do realise that SG could have turned out very badly....if we had a PM like Marcos...

    What will happen to Singapore after his passing? This worry still exists.

    When Steven Jobs died, Apple stocks have been falling ever since. And all that the new guy knows is to sue Samsung. He cannot create.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post

    Wow... didn't think your eyesight is so good... can see he is 'not' with that blur image... LOL.

    Maybe the Koi keep asking for free food...
    Yes, couldn't you hear him saying 'no free lunch'

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Singapore does owe a lot to its pioneer group of leaders LKY, GKS, Hon Sui Sen, Rajaratnam, etc..
    When you travel to nearby poorer regions and see how the poor there suffer, do realise that SG could have turned out very badly....if we had a PM like Marcos...

    What will happen to Singapore after his passing? This worry still exists.

    When Steven Jobs died, Apple stocks have been falling ever since. And all that the new guy knows is to sue Samsung. He cannot create.
    How much longer do you want to worry? Life still goes on ....
    Last edited by Zenten; 29th August 2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  19. #19
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    you still don't get the point. LOL

    that is why unclefai is wishing him well and HAPPY!

    Seen it from TRS.... this 'story' is at least 3 days old...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  20. #20

    Default Re: May he be well and happy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    How much longer do you want to worry? Life still goes on ....
    well. lots of people won't worry once they vote in the opposition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •