Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Night Photography :)

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    Hmmm megaweb...normal shot was what I was looking for...hence the ISO 800 and above with prime lens mebbe 24mm f1.4 or 50mm f1.4? Will it work?
    normal shot like just see from your eyes. With tripod taking long exposure shot can see trail of light effect like car (with head light on) moving on the road , etc.

using high ISO will result in more noise and using big aperture will result in shallow DOF, thus quality will drop.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    normal shot like just see from your eyes. With tripod taking long exposure shot can see trail of light effect like car (with head light on) moving on the road , etc.

using high ISO will result in more noise and using big aperture will result in shallow DOF, thus quality will drop.
    yup I know but sometimes you know~ I shoot after work when I feel like it and I do not bring my tripod or monopod along

so I just need advise if a prime lens handheld with a big aperture and higher ISO will work?

Let me repeat this....You need a tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Let me repeat this....You need a tripod.
    I feel like I am being stubborn here I guess its case closed then ;o) Thanks for all the advices from all CSers~ Much appreciated!

if you want light weight tripod, can consider Gitzo 1126 or the 10** series.
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

If tripod is troublesome, other alternative is to do more pushups to strength ones arms muscles which one is easier???

IMHO, tripod is a must, no compromise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12