Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera phones allowed in more Camps

Default Camera phones allowed in more Camps

List of the camps are listed here:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/servicemen-...160013262.html

Unfortunately my camp is still not a green zone. So troublesome to have a separate phone just for a 2-3 week ICT

Earlier this year I was on an overseas in-camp training trip. Was so looking forward to it as I thought I could do some photography. Unfortunately no cameras was allowed on that trip. needless to say, my iPhone was also on the banned list.

Default Re: Camera phones allowed in more Camps

They have a retarded rule of not allowing phones with bigger than 4" screen (based on size of screen????? WTF). Basically only iPhone 5 & Samsung S2 or earlier models.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

since they are already allowing camera phones in so many camps, they should just open up the rest (except those really sensitive camps/areas).

I know we should not take our country's security for granted, but if I really want to smuggle a camera into my camp, it's really not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    They have a retarded rule of not allowing phones with bigger than 4" screen (based on size of screen????? WTF). Basically only iPhone 5 & Samsung S2 or earlier models.
    ST article (24 Aug) on this mentioned that screen size restrictions have been removed.

Deregistered

Er.. This is the earlier Green/Red zoning scheme. It's just an addition of the camps with zoning.
    There is something new coming soon.

I'm in service and somehow helping out with the new scheme.

Yes, please allow camera phone in all camps. Stomp readers want to see what's going on behind the barbwire fence where men play with large toys
    EOS

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Yes, please allow camera phone in all camps. Stomp readers want to see what's going on behind the barbwire fence where men play with large toys
    Photography in camp is a chargeable offence.

in before countries like Syria,iraq have good view of whats our weapons/installations looks like...with the help of facebook..instagram....twitter....

haiz....

why allow camera phones in da first place?????

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    in before countries like Syria,iraq have good view of whats our weapons/installations looks like...with the help of facebook..instagram....twitter....

haiz....

why allow camera phones in da first place?????
    because people complained that they can't bring in their smartphones into camp

Quote Originally Posted by shaokenphotos View Post
    Photography in camp is a chargeable offence.
    Not everywhere.. if you had read the entire thread .. and understood the topic ...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    because people complained that they can't bring in their smartphones into camp
    Also the fact that it's not possible to enforce. Staff/servicemen/NSFs know how it was never difficult to bring in camera phones undetected.
    Most simple method - just bring a non-camera phone as a decoy that you show for inspection when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Also the fact that it's not possible to enforce. Staff/servicemen/NSFs know how it was never difficult to bring in camera phones undetected.
    Most simple method - just bring a non-camera phone as a decoy that you show for inspection when asked.
    well done sherlock, now everyone knows about it

No need to spend a lot to buy a decoy:

Nah, I'm pretty sure everyone already knew. It's in line with the you-can-do-anything-but-don't-get-caught policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    No need to spend a lot to buy a decoy:

What are you gonna do when you're asked to turn it on/off? "Sorry, my phone hanged..."
    Chapalang <$50 phone from 7-11 is enough (which I'll continue to use for outfield due to 4-5 day standby batt life).

Strap the real McCoy on the left breast and wear a bra over it?

Chapalang <$50 phone from 7-11 is enough (which I'll continue to use for outfield due to 4-5 day standby batt life).
    Yeah, most smart phones cannot last 24h even with minimal usage. So what's the point bringing them to some ulu camps in the jungle?
    EOS

used to do that...
    best way is put the smartphone below the take away box of the fried beehoon...tried that done that...passed that security everytime...

oh wait...security guys my platoon mates back then too..oops...and it was like decade ago?lol..

erm..think its a well known way to bring in smartphones...idea since 2000+-??

Anyone can recommend a good non-camera smart phone for ICT? Need it for clubsnap, facebook, whatsapp, viber, internet, email....
    Thanks.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050
    Anyone can recommend a good non-camera smart phone for ICT? Need it for clubsnap, facebook, whatsapp, viber, internet, email....
    Thanks.
    Most of non camera smartphone are quite laggy after awhile as often those have quite lower spec.
    Think there a brand name iNO make non camera Android smartphone, some have dual sim card function.
    Not those camera phone which removed the camera.
    Blackberry has non cam phone too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast