Thread: Photo stolen off Internet cropped, flipped, filtered - wins Samsung contest

Default Photo stolen off Internet cropped, flipped, filtered - wins Samsung contest

Because even when it is discovered, there is little or no penalty. Which ensures it will happen again in future.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/08/...trending_now_4

Full name, identity number, address and photo of the culprit should be announced on Internet.
    If his employer or company is known, a notice of the theft should be filed with them.
    All his friends on Facebook should be notified.

This may be cross boundary i.e. photo thief may be living in another country. May be difficult to prosecute; except socially.

Default Re: Photo stolen off Internet cropped, flipped, filtered - wins Samsung contest

I remember a similar case in China where the image is horizontal flip and won a photo contest.

Only way to prevent this is to watermark the image and post only the lower quality image on the web.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Default Re: Photo stolen off Internet cropped, flipped, filtered - wins Samsung contest

Some photo contests require proof of raw files as ownership of materials.

Maybe it's the contest for copying? So that's why the photo won.
    It's Samsung contest.