Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: another 'what is this?'

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    too cheem for me
    ok...

    light is the basic ingredient in photography.

    one emits light, the other produces light.

    one indicates, the other illuminates.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    this is a photography forum after all, so

    "what is the basic ingredient in photography?"
    hmmm ... things that are passing through my mind ...

    1. light ... ???
    2. negatives ... so green?
    3. chemicals for developing negatives ...
    4. a bubbly CCD?

    so its a chemical for developing negatives? though i shoot in film once in a while i haven't got any traditional darkroom experience, so hehe, paiseh my ignorance ah

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    hmmm ... things that are passing through my mind ...

    1. light ... ???
    2. negatives ... so green?
    3. chemicals for developing negatives ...
    4. a bubbly CCD?

    so its a chemical for developing negatives? though i shoot in film once in a while i haven't got any traditional darkroom experience, so hehe, paiseh my ignorance ah
    yep...it's "light".

    one is a primitive source of light, the other a modern source of light.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    yep...it's "light".

    one is a primitive source of light, the other a modern source of light.
    err ... so the answer is 'light' ?

    can't link to the picture ... primitive source of light will be like sun, fire etc ... modern source of light ... electricity, so it's a picture of electrons? oh gosh ... it's making me interested but somehow can't make the link to the picture ... or it's a picture of diodes?

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    err ... so the answer is 'light' ?

    can't link to the picture ... primitive source of light will be like sun, fire etc ... modern source of light ... electricity, so it's a picture of electrons? oh gosh ... it's making me interested but somehow can't make the link to the picture ... or it's a picture of diodes?
    the green ring is a macro shot of the indicator light on a palm pda cradle.


    the green bubbles is a macro shot of a translucent green candle.
    Last edited by zaren; 15th May 2005 at 01:33 AM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    the green ring is a macro shot of the indicator light on a palm pda cradle.

    the green bubbles is a macro shot of a translucent green candle.
    cool ... now the mysteries are solved didn't know wax can be that translucent ... sounds like another interesting subject for experiment, good puzzles

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    we dont see object.....we see light.

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    This is fun. I wanna join. What is this?


  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    coat of fur?

  10. #110

    Default

    orange soft toy?
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  11. #111

  12. #112

    Default

    Blood plasma?

    Anyway, guess:

  13. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default



    coat of fur? - no (yes its fur though)
    orange soft toy? - no
    garfield - no
    Blood plasma - no

    hint: part of the body

  14. #114

    Default

    hair dyed orange!!

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default



    joss stick or cigarette being wiggled?

  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77


    coat of fur? - no (yes its fur though)
    orange soft toy? - no
    garfield - no
    Blood plasma - no

    hint: part of the body
    Someone's chest hair??!

  17. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotSpots
    Someone's chest hair??!

  18. #118

    Default

    i was thinking nether regions but oh well...thats a little kinky...
    too many shots...

  19. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Hehe... actually the orange fur is a skirt and the upper part are knees... you might say its fur between the ... knees. My friend was testing my 50mm in Rouge last night by shooting her knees. Red-orange cast (garfield effect) is due to no-flash.

    I don't want to even imagine someone can have this kind of chest hair. He will need a bottle of gel with it. Hehe.

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77


    joss stick or cigarette being wiggled?
    Nope.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •